The hotel is a block away (5 min walk) from the nearest Metro station. There's many taxis passing by. The BIXI bike stations are never far away.
The location is not super central, but still convenient for shopping, sightseeing and walking distance to China town and beyond to the Palais des Congres. You'll either do a lot of walking or spend some money on Taxis.
The hotel does not have a lot of checkin staff, so it's usual to queue up a bit for service. They have a luggage room which is handy if you have a late flight out of Montreal - as they're strict on checkout times.
We booked a two bedroom suite. It was perfect for our needs - four people travelling together. There is only one bathroom, two double bedrooms and a foldout sofabed in the lounge. The room has a full kitched (fridge/freezer, oven, stove, dishwasher, microwave, cutlery, crockery, loads of storage space). We got a pack of microwaveable popcorn in the microwave as a welcome treat. Theres a fairly large supermarket a few blocks away (Complexe Desjardins) to stock up on food/supplies - and a small facility off reception to buy the basics and stuff like ready meals. Room was clean and tidy and being high up we had good views back over Montreal. Take care with the slippery kitchen floor! The rooms have free, cabled internet access - network cable supplied. There's free WIFI in the lobby. The reclining lazy boy style chairs in the suite lounge are a nice touch. Loads of TV channels.
The bathroom was a bit small and cramped considering it's a 2 bedroom suite that can accommodate 6 people. It's standard shower in bath, toilet and basin. Nothing special.
No meals are offered in the hotel - it's self catering! If you need a bar/beer, there's a nice bar across the road at the Days Inn. No swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Apartment Hotel Montreal downtown. The Candlewood Suites Hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands, which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal offers apartment like suites to government, business, relocation, training & extended stay hotel guests requiring long or short term hotel or real estate accommodations. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal is within walking distance to the Old Port of Montreal, Chinatown, Place des Arts, Contemporary Art Museum & St. Catherine Street Shopping. Walk to nearby businesses including Bell Canada BCE, CGI, Bomardier, Hydro Quebec, Desjardins Financial, SNC Lavalin, Complex Guy Favreau, IBM, CBC, Alcoa, Alcan, ING, VIA Systems Standard Life, London Life Power Corporation & CHUM Hospital Project. Enjoy your evening dining on St. Laurent Street before retiring to your spacious suite. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) features studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work areas, TV with DVD player, free high-speed wired Internet access, two phone lines with personalized voicemail. Other apartment like conveniences include 24-hour business center offering free Internet access, printing, faxing & copying capabilities, complimentary guest laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard & lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel Montreal
- Candlewood Montreal
- Montreal Candlewood Suites