All reviewsfull kitchenfree laundrybedroom suiteiga grocerywalking distance to chinatownown mealswashers and dryerssmall gymlaundry roomthe holiday innfew blockswell equipped kitchenchamp de marsminute walkst catherine's streetfresh towelsunderground parking
Reviewed March 14, 2010

That was my second time at this hotel. First time was awesome. The suite was really big and new. But for this time, we didn't have the wifi. Only ethernet... We had two laptop and only one ethernet cable for the room. Also, room was smelling bad, small and look old as hell. My girlfriend rip her shirt in the bathroom... You can get way better in Montreal for the same price.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
CandlewoodManager, Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

We're very sorry your second stay with us did not compare to your first one. Our suites are only 2 years old and though there is some usage on the furniture to be expected, we do strive to renovate and upkeep our suites on a regular basis. We also feature smaller studios as well as our one and two bedroom suites. As to the WIFI, we have never had this technology in our suites and have ever only had Ethernet cables, the only exception to this rule is in our 2nd floor studios and suites who can sometimes capture the WIFI either from the lobby level where it is available or from the surrounding businesses. If your accomodations were not to your liking, I would have hoped you report it to the front desk and we would have gladly made things right for you so that your second stay with us would also have been just as awesome!

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I spent 3 nights in this hotel and it was great! We had a corner hotel room (which are a little bigger then the rest) We had a long hall with a bedroom on the end (walk-in closet in the room), bathroom and 2 closets in the hall, Then if you walk past the hall a couple steps you come to the kitchen to the left (which has a nice suprise for you in the mircrowave so make sure you open it!) haha, straight ahead is a desk for your computer then to the left of that is a livingroom with a good size sofa bed and recliner chair. Every rooms comes with a DVD player. We had a great view of old Montreal from the 9th floor. The kitchen also had a bar like counter around it with 3 stools to sit around it. I could not have been more pleased with the value we got for our money. It was in a perfect location with ste. catherine street parallel behind the hotel, tons of restaurants and shopping on the street. (a suprising amount of erotic shops and strip joints tho) lol. Only about a 15 min walk to the Eaton centre and about the same distance to Schwartz ( a small very busy deli) but give it a chance, go in and theres great food, nice waiters and very fast service.

My Boss is planning on visiting Montreal in a couple months and I will be recommending this hotel with 2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Meagan0146
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Montreal for a few days back in May, as part of my trip around Eastern Canada. The room was certainly the most impressively sized, enormous in fact. There was a full kitchen, lounge etc. All in all, it had all the ingredients for a great hotel. I suppose what turned me off what the fact it was supposed to be a non smoking room (the whole floor was) but it just reeked of cigarette smoke. Everything did. I would walk into the room and want to turn around, the decor was fine, just the place smelled. Disappointing. The hotel was apparently full as well, which meant I was not going anywhere. The foyer also has as much charm as government motor registry office.

In terms of location, it is also pretty average. Not really near anything - actually that's wrong, if you like the seedy part of Montreal (strip joints, dodgy take-aways) it is just a 5 min walk south. It is probably about a 20min walk through Chinatown to Old Montreal - which if you are a tourist, is pretty much where you want to be. The CBD area of Montreal is about a 30 min walk away. Again, kind of average. A large shopping mall (if you are into that sort of thing) is about a 10min walk.

Overall, it is an average hotel. I had expected better. Next time i will spend just a few extra dollars and get something better...

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Upon check-in the staff informed me that they do not have daily housekeeping and that if I should require any extra supplies (sheets, soap, etc.) that I can get them from the front desk which is fine by me. My room was very clean and spacious. Free laundry room, a small gym and a small business centre are available on the first floor. The internet connection was a bit slow. Also, I found some of the corridors of the hotel had a cigarette smoke stench to them. That didn't bother me but it may annoy some guests. The location of the hotel is great. It's a few blocks to St. Catherine street, the closest metro station and China town. As well, it's about a 20 minute walk to the main train station in montreal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Play_It_Sam
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Good place, in the heart of downtown, nearby many attractions. It is a longstay hotel with a kitchenette etc. We travelled with a baby and the kichenette was very useful. Not many staff though, no help to take the luggage to the room etc...room service done only once a week.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)