All reviewsfull kitchenfree laundrybedroom suiteiga grocerywalking distance to chinatownown mealswashers and dryerssmall gymlaundry roomthe holiday innfew blockswell equipped kitchenchamp de marsminute walkst catherine's streetfresh towelsunderground parking
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Candlewood Suites for a month, this was our first "home" in Montreal. Service was okay, though not stellar. Staff were generally friendly and polite.

What we appreciated the most:
~ Complimentary items, like coffee and kitchen stuff (diswashing liquid, etc.) Those little things helped us a lot while we were still settling down, all jet-lagged and tired :)
~ Pet-friendly.
~ Free wifi with good speed.
~ Laundry room is free to use, there are washing machines and dryers.
~ Business center with 2 computers and printer.
~ Small convenience store in the lobby, which comes in handy if you don't have time to walk to the supermarket.
~ Location is excellent, right in downtown Montreal. Near the Metro (Champ de Mars) and Chinatown, as well as shopping areas at St. Catherine.
~ Quite pleased that we weren't charged for breaking a drinking glass and melting a cooking spatula in the dishwasher.

What we weren't really too hot about:
~ Housekeeping was inconsistent - they were supposed to clean every week, but they'd miss a week sometimes, and there were times when we didn't get the appropriate number of towels.

Overall, this an okay hotel to stay in, no major complaints. I would recommend this for families or groups to get best value for money, considering the good location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VeeMeow
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hello VeeMeow,
First of all i would like to thank you for your review. We are happy to see taht you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It is great that the location was convenient for you.We will take note of your comments about the housekeeping and with your feedback we will make the improvement on the service towards are longterm stay guests. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again. Julie S- Guest Service Manager

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our 2 night stay here was just ok. The staff was helpful but did not go out of their way. The rooms were dirty and the bathroom sink was stopped up. The room was quite and big however. If we return to Montreal, I do not believe I will be booking here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hello Charles K,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are very sorry that you have experience problems during your stay. The manager of housekeeping is already aware of the issues and they are making the follow up so that this problem does not happen again. With your feedback we can make the improvements to be at your sastisfaction. Sincerely, Julie S - Guest Service Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel is a suite hotel aimed at longer term residents, but we got a good deal (about $50/night including taxes) through the Hotwire secret hotel function. The hotel itself is pretty basic but modern and clean, with quite large rooms. I would be happy to stay here again.

My only minor quibble is that the check in staff are not totally honest. We requested a room with 2 beds and were told that they were "all unavailable". I then checked the hotel website and found I could place a booking for multiple 2-bed rooms for that same night. When I queried this, the check in woman just shrugged and refused to address the issue.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear FarTravellingJames,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your stay. We are pleased to see that the hotel was convenient for you. Unfortunately the room type when booking online, is never guaranteed. We are doing are best to honour every reservations. Again thank you for your review and we will see you next time. Sincerely,
Julie S. Guest Service Manager

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I checked in on New Year's Eve because I wanted to be in Montreal for the changing of the year. It was bitterly cold outside. The check-in was quick and efficient and my room was nice and warm.

I found the room to be spacious. I had a King suite as I was on my own and meeting friends. My friends stayed at another hotel about four blocks away and paid more but I had a lot more space. I have to say the full kitchen was nice although wasted on me because I left the next day. But if I were to go for a weekend or for a work week I would definitely stay here again.

For people travelling with kids, I think it would be great esspecially over a weekend because you do have the full kitchen which would be very helpful.

All in all I was very pleased with my trip and will most definitely stay at this location again.

Cheers
L

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Hello LeeWhitmore,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. It is great that you enjoyed the hotel and that the location was convenient for you. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you next time you come to Montreal. Sincerely,
Julie S. Guest Service Manager

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Positives
Felt safe. Mostly family kind of crowd.Close to Rue Catherine. Cabs available outside. Metro 4-5 blocks away. Room was clean. Nice view and very quiet. Was on the 10th floor. Well planned kitchenette. Good wifi connectivity. Laundry and a small store ( expensive but convenient ) in house. There is a DVD player in room and they had a good collection to choose from at the reception.

Negatives
When I got in the room it was freezing ! Really cold. Had to figure out how to switch on the heater and wait for a good 1 hr to take off my jacket !
No breakfast or good eating place nearby.( if u r not planning to cook). At least 15 -20 min walk. I ate at Holiday inn next door since I didn't want to walk in a snowstorm.
The road connecting it to Rue Catherine is dark and deserted in the evenings.

Overall I would be happy to stay here if I had to. But I feel there are lot of better choice in that price range which are better located.

• Stayed: December 2013
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Hello GanuNY,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that the room corresponded to your need. To have information about restaurants and activities to do the frontdesk can always give good suggestions. Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you next time. Sincerely,
Julie S - Guest Service Manager