There was a group of us that drove down from Ottawa for an overnight stay for a bachelor party I had planned. I chose this one originally because of the location and we could fit all six of us in the room. When we arrived to the hotel the parking was a little confusing and no one to really help figure it out. It is a self park hotel, so no valet (which was fine). The person at the front desk was very friendly.
We walked in and it was very spacious. Both bedrooms had giant closets and it was very clean. There were extra pillows and blankets in the main closet. Oh, the bathroom was massive but the bath was quite thin for standing in it to have a shower. Plenty of counter space which allowed for two of us to get ready at the same time.Bed was also comfortable. I hate firm but this was in between.
There was a dishwasher which was perfect since us and some others had things to drink and eat the night before and wanted to have breakfast in the morning. While they had pots and pans there were no scissors! Also, the one room (we discovered) did not have any working lights. That being said, it was just one night so it was fine.
The location was literally a 10 minute walk to anywhere that you would want to get to. China Town, Gay Village, Old Port, shopping, etc. So unless you want to go somewhere like the Biodome you really don't need a car.
Overall, good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Apartment Hotel Montreal downtown. The Candlewood Suites Hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands, which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal offers apartment like suites to government, business, relocation, training & extended stay hotel guests requiring long or short term hotel or real estate accommodations. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal is within walking distance to the Old Port of Montreal, Chinatown, Place des Arts, Contemporary Art Museum & St. Catherine Street Shopping. Walk to nearby businesses including Bell Canada BCE, CGI, Bomardier, Hydro Quebec, Desjardins Financial, SNC Lavalin, Complex Guy Favreau, IBM, CBC, Alcoa, Alcan, ING, VIA Systems Standard Life, London Life Power Corporation & CHUM Hospital Project. Enjoy your evening dining on St. Laurent Street before retiring to your spacious suite. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) features studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work areas, TV with DVD player, free high-speed wired Internet access, two phone lines with personalized voicemail. Other apartment like conveniences include 24-hour business center offering free Internet access, printing, faxing & copying capabilities, complimentary guest laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard & lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel Montreal
- Candlewood Montreal
- Montreal Candlewood Suites