“Very nice hotel with pleasant staff”

Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport
Ranked #43 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Arrived Friday March 7 and checking out tomorrow! Nice hotel. Used points for the first 2 nights and at times staff I other hotels were less that helpful... Not here. Yesterday they opened the bar early because a few of us arrived early. No complaints. There are great restaurants all around the hotel. and a good sized mall, all walkable. I would return. Food in the hotel is just average

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel nearly every year since it opened. Although it is nothing special, it does a great job on business travel. I always notice a new improvement, rooms are very clearn, and the sleep quality is good. The hotel has a good vibe.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great stay. The rooms are great, the front desk are excellent and the coffee is good! There is a decent selection restaurants nearby, enough to select from 3 dinners. The nearby mall is good if you need to pick anything up and it is quick and easy access to the highway. Love staying here.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs ask for a room near the stairs as they exit the building closest to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very nice place near the airport. Very interesting to do a meeting. Very helpful staff, nice rooms. They help you organise everything. I would definitely go back again. Location is outside Montreal but a lot of services close by. Not a good choice if your main reason is to visit Montreal though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MALLARD22_10
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent travel experience with the TripAdvisor community. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing excellent customer service as well as clean and comfortable room accommodations.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to accomplish these goals. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard las Friday. Our room was great. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom was large and spotless. My only concern is the location of the bed, it was facing the window instead of being by the window. Not that I don't like it, it just seems very different from all the hotels I stayed at. All in all I had a great stay at this hotel and I will return again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review of Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “very comfortable” beds in our guestrooms and the “large and spotless” bathroom. We are proud to offer comfortable and clean rooms along with a great service.

We look forward to your return to your home away from home, the Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport!
Direct Line 514-339-5290 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I'm a loyal fan of Marriott properties and will continue to be so. This Marriott property was unfortunately one of the worst Marriott Courtyards I've ever stayed at. The building and rooms were fine. The staff could have cared less if I stayed or ate there. From the moment I was greeted to the moment I left I never felt welcome. As a Platinum Member I was very surprised by this experience. The clerk that checked me in could not wait to get me away from the front desk. When I asked about local dining I was told everything would close soon and that was it. Very frustrating. I decided to try the restaurant in-house and that was like pulling teeth to get service. The unfortunate part for me is I may have to stay there again in the near future but it won't be by my choice. I would understood one instance but when there were three in a two day stay it was too much for me. (Front desk and restaurant). Location is very good to the airport. The hotel is clean and everything is modern in this hotel. The staff could have been more considerate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport.
We wish to extend our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced and the unusual service you received. I would greatly appreciate if you could take a few minutes of your time to contact me directly and provide me with more information to allow me to comprehend and prevent this situation to reoccur.
Please understand and believe that we truly care and are grateful to count you as a Marriott Elite guest.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was dictated by availability through Marriott points on the dates we wished. The hotel itself was clean and the rooms were spacious and well appointed with the exception of a mirror outside of the bathroom that one could sit in front of to apply makeup, etc. There was a full length mirror, but it was not useful for anything other than a quick check to make sure you look OK before leaving the room. When there is more than one person staying in a room, the second mirror is very convenient when the bathroom is being used by others.
Also, the front desk staff were really not very friendly, or knowledgeable about Montreal itself. Public transit into Montreal was not close by and a taxi ride into Old Montreal ran in the $40-50 dollar range, depending upon traffic. The hotel shuttle was available to take you back to the Airport free of charge (about 20 minutes) where you could then catch public transit into the city, but this would end up being very time consuming.
I am not sure if the staff thought we were less deserving of a warm greeting because our trip was using Marriott points, and we were therefore not considered "paying" customers, or if they were like that with everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We wish to thank you for your comments. Your feedback is important to us as it can help improve our services.

We firmly believe that good and genuine customer service is crucial in order to succeed in our business and we appreciate the time you took to communicate this matter to us. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable, but rest assured that your comments will be used for review, and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Furthermore to your comments, we are very grateful and greatly appreciate your observations concerning our rooms. It’s a great pleasure to announce that our rooms will be refreshed as of March 2014. The carpets, draperies, sofas and, thanks to comments such as yours, beautiful mirrors will be added to our rooms.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.