“As a Guest I'm Sorry to Bother You”

Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport
Ranked #45 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Ravenna, Michigan
“As a Guest I'm Sorry to Bother You”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I'm a loyal fan of Marriott properties and will continue to be so. This Marriott property was unfortunately one of the worst Marriott Courtyards I've ever stayed at. The building and rooms were fine. The staff could have cared less if I stayed or ate there. From the moment I was greeted to the moment I left I never felt welcome. As a Platinum Member I was very surprised by this experience. The clerk that checked me in could not wait to get me away from the front desk. When I asked about local dining I was told everything would close soon and that was it. Very frustrating. I decided to try the restaurant in-house and that was like pulling teeth to get service. The unfortunate part for me is I may have to stay there again in the near future but it won't be by my choice. I would understood one instance but when there were three in a two day stay it was too much for me. (Front desk and restaurant). Location is very good to the airport. The hotel is clean and everything is modern in this hotel. The staff could have been more considerate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom H
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport.
We wish to extend our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced and the unusual service you received. I would greatly appreciate if you could take a few minutes of your time to contact me directly and provide me with more information to allow me to comprehend and prevent this situation to reoccur.
Please understand and believe that we truly care and are grateful to count you as a Marriott Elite guest.
Mariana Sanchez
Assistant General Manager
Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport
Direct Line 514-339-5290
msanchez@mmtla.ca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was dictated by availability through Marriott points on the dates we wished. The hotel itself was clean and the rooms were spacious and well appointed with the exception of a mirror outside of the bathroom that one could sit in front of to apply makeup, etc. There was a full length mirror, but it was not useful for anything other than a quick check to make sure you look OK before leaving the room. When there is more than one person staying in a room, the second mirror is very convenient when the bathroom is being used by others.
Also, the front desk staff were really not very friendly, or knowledgeable about Montreal itself. Public transit into Montreal was not close by and a taxi ride into Old Montreal ran in the $40-50 dollar range, depending upon traffic. The hotel shuttle was available to take you back to the Airport free of charge (about 20 minutes) where you could then catch public transit into the city, but this would end up being very time consuming.
I am not sure if the staff thought we were less deserving of a warm greeting because our trip was using Marriott points, and we were therefore not considered "paying" customers, or if they were like that with everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mariana S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We wish to thank you for your comments. Your feedback is important to us as it can help improve our services.

We firmly believe that good and genuine customer service is crucial in order to succeed in our business and we appreciate the time you took to communicate this matter to us. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable, but rest assured that your comments will be used for review, and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Furthermore to your comments, we are very grateful and greatly appreciate your observations concerning our rooms. It’s a great pleasure to announce that our rooms will be refreshed as of March 2014. The carpets, draperies, sofas and, thanks to comments such as yours, beautiful mirrors will be added to our rooms.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mariana Sanchez
Assistant General Manager
Marriott Courtyard Montreal Airport
Direct Line 514-339-5290
msanchez@mmtla.ca
Toronto
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family and I keep coming back to this hotel when we're in Montreal, which happens every other month. Comfortable and clean, except maybe some of the washrooms we've been in need some re-caulking. My buddies and I used it also last month for a business trip, and it just happened that there was a Toy Convention downstairs. BONUS!!! I have 3 young kids all under 7, so of course, I bought myself some toys...ok, and some for my kids too. Pool was clean, front desk very helpful as always, and overall, a relaxing hotel experience. Damn you Marriott, I never got to visit downtown Montreal because I slept so soundly, even with the added hour during standard time change...damn you and your comfortable beds!! If you want a suite though, check into the Residence Inn (for more $$ of course), attached to the same building as the Courtyard. We've been to both Courtyard and Residence...my preference would be residence inn of course when I have the kids with me, as we can just heat up our food, and we get our own room, and the kids can watch tv on the sofa bed..until the late hours of 8pm of course...then it's late hours for the wife and I ;-)

Room Tip: If there'll be 3 adults, check into the bigger 2 queen size bed + sofa bed rooms...they're o...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed overnight at this hotel during a flying to Montreal. Convenient for airport with large, clean, comfortable rooms. Very comfortable bed. Did not stay long enough to eat at the hotel or use any of the facilities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I were delighted with this property. We made the trip to visit family historical locations in French Canada and were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was extremely helpful with directions and suggestions for places to visit. . . The food and service in the restaurant was exceptional. We loved the breakfast and lunch buffets. In fact, after we had spent the night in Quebec City we made it a point to return for lunch before our departing flight from Montreal. One of the best "airport hotels" I've stayed in and we will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

No need to list a bunch of items for this stay. The hotel is clean and the lobby & restaurant are bright and inviting.

Room was a bit tight with a king bed wedged close to the wall on one side. The flat screen on a stand had a large footprint on the available desk space. And, my eternal complaint with 80-90% of hotels, the reading lamps were positioned on the wall 12-18 inches off the side of the bed. It was hard to read in bed.

We chose this hotel primarily due to its convenient access to the airport and to downtown. Without traffic, both these are close.

Room Tip: Be careful taking the stairs. I ended up in the adjoining Marriott Residence Inn building and got al...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank voyager075
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stay in a lot of courtyards and full service Marriott's. This seems to be between the two. Nice modern building and lobby. They recently redid the restaurant and bar. Not a standard courtyard bistro but better. Food was very good especially dinner and wine selection. Food was better than most Marriott's. Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013