“Nice Hotel - too far from the airport”

Novotel Montreal Aeroport
Ranked #72 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a lovely hotel with very helpful staff but if you are looking for a hotel close to the airport for an overnight stay following a late flight into Montreal or prior to a early flight out, this is not conveniently located. The hotel does offer a airport shuttle service which is available within specific times but this was not suitable with our flight times. Again, lovely hotel but be aware due to design of the road configuration this is not located close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nice hotel, nice swimming pool, good breakfast.

It is located nearby the airport, but far away from everything else.

It is a good hotel if you stay on business or have to be around that area.

If you plan to visit the city center, it would be better to stay in Novotel Montreal Center.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Apteryx42
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The facility itself was exceptional. The lobby and restaurant areas were beautiful, the room was lovely, bright and comfortable. The pillows were kind of hard, but I didn't bother asking for replacements so I can't really complain about that. The staff was friendly and helpful in every way. I had to make adjustments to my reservation and they made it very easy. Downsides - no seating, AT ALL, in the pool area. No place to set your towel or room key or to sit and dry off. Also, there is absolutely nothing in the way of restaurants near the hotel. You either eat in the hotel restaurant (which was quite good but limited) or make the commute into the city. Also, even though it is the 'Aeroport' hotel, it isn't exactly close to the airport - probably a 20 min drive/ride on the shuttle.

Room Tip: I stayed in an 'executive' room directly across from the elevators - even tho the hotel was...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel few times while on business trip to near by company. Nice hotel, good clean rooms, okayish breakfast... Hotel is easy to access from and to airport with free shuttle - just give them a call and you will be picked up. Service is great and staff is very friendly. Good hotel if you are on business and need to stay this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed here countless times since it opened. Great hotel! Bar is very busy and somewhat happening at night.

Food is good but a bit European! Fries are great! Make sure you have a few dollar coins for the self service coffee in the morning.

I stayed here on an exceptionally cold windy Montreal winter night and when I was in my room you would of never known!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a great experience. Clean modern and attentive to detail. We stayed at many hotels this past year and this was one of the better for the price. I would highly recommend this for travelers to Montreal.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I recently traveled to Montreal on business and stayed at the Novotel Montreal Aeroport which was very close to my place of business . I am pretty particular about the quality of hotels I stay in and I found that this hotel was excellent for the price.
I had the deluxe room which was very large and clean. All of the staff were polite and helpful. I usually have a hard time sleeping when away from home, however, the bed was extremely comfortable and had fabulous linens for hotel quality. I slept very comfortably.
I made full use of the fitness centre which is opened 24 hours and I enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had a lot of selection.
Some items that were disappointing:
While the hotel was very close to work, it seemed to be pretty far from everything else, for instance other restaurants and shopping and it was a $25 cab ride from the airport.
Also, in my time their I only travelled with my iPad which for some reason was unable to connect to the free wifi service that was available at the hotel. I was able to use the guest computer which was alway available and fast, however I would have preferred to work from my room and have access there.
I will be staying with the Novotel Montreal Aeroport again in the near future, I hope my next experience is just as enjoyable.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what other rooms are like, but I had the deluxe suite and it was great, very spacio...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#52 of 165 in Montreal
Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
#78 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Novotel Montreal Aeroport? Share your experiences!