“Great Hotel, Sub-par Restaurant”

Novotel Montreal Aeroport
Ranked #68 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Ireland
“Great Hotel, Sub-par Restaurant”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The hotel room was simply great, but the restaurant had a lot of problems.  For one thing, they blast techno music (we had to ask them to turn it down).  For another, they charge over $7 CAD for a Heineken beer!  For dinner I was served a very dry poached salmon, with jasmine rice that was stuck together like sushi rice: again, all for a premium price.  OTOH, they have a shuttle that runs to/from the airport a couple times an hour, and very friendly staff.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Edmddddonton
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great Place , rooms very clean and comfortable beds ,not far from Airport , I've lost to find my way to the Hotel due to the Construction took us two hours to figure out the direction to the Hotel , despite I've lived in Montreal, but once in Hotel , we had our comfort zone , Front Desk Staff very friendly and professonal, I had problem connecting to the wi fi in my room , then I called the front desk , the lady friendly instructed me how to re-connect , but my Laptop did not re-connected despite beeing the newest in the market , but who cares , I did not really used it due to my busy schedule in Montreal only for 2 nights , breakfast a little pricey , but nice food,
who ever has invested money in that Hotel he or she can expect a quit return , my girlfriend and my friends including myself we loved staying in this Hotel , as we will be returning in that Hotel every time I'll be going to Montreal, as for the amenties you need to have a vehicle , easy access to the Highway and close to the shopping centres , I recommend this place to everyone who visit Montreal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I just returned from a 3-night stay at this fine hotel, and it has exceeded our expectations for a hotel in this price range. The interior and exterior design is very chic and modern and, most importantly, the hotel is spotlessly CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. Additionally, the staff are all friendly and helpful. The location by the airport is a reasonably short drive to all of Montreal's considerable attractions. We will definitely be returning to the Novotel the next time we visit this wonderful city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Novotel hotels are usually pretty funky and so was this one, nice and modern. It has a nice restaurant that is reasonable in food quality and price. The breakfast is too expensive, better go a la carte or go elsewhere. Also has a bar lounge area with big TVs. Drink prices are a bit high but that is to be expected. Room was nice and clean, A/C was tricky and had to play with it to get it to the right tempature. The hotel is near the airport but it still took me 20 minutes to get there in the early afternoon, though there was traffic on the road.

The main thing I did not like about the hotel is that it is all by itself with no other stores around it and quite isolated. So if you need to pick anything up that you can't get at your hotel you have to get in your car and drive and that will be a half hour at least just to get on and off the highway, etc. The entrance to the highway is right in front of the hotel, so that is a plus. Also they have a shuttle to the airport but it runs every hour if needed, so if you want to use the shuttle, you better make arrangements with the front desk beforehand.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My only complaint, and it's a small one the pillows are the memory foam and I much prefer down pillows. Otherwise this hotel is great and easy to get to and easy to hop out of bed and get to the airport for an early morning flight. It's not the cheapest but good things aren't often cheap.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed overnight July 1st at this airport accommodation -- and were pleasantly surprised -- a) at its low price <$100 (before taxes); b) at the in-house restaurant food and 'reasonable' (for Montréal) price <$50 (for two) -- especially since there appeared to be virtually no other nearby alternatives which didn't involve trying to re-navigate the spaghetti interchange to/from Hwy#40 (La Transcanadienne); and c) the accomodating younger staff members who quickly responded to our initial concern over the dysfunctional room A/C, and who just as quickly changed our room to one in which the A/C worked quickly to lower the temp to around 20C (from the 30+C outside).

With modern design, a nice smaller pool and hot-tub (vacant during my hour there), no audible noise from either the airport or adjacent Hwy#40, and large clean Kingsize bed and room space, this Novotel permitted us to most comfortably and quickly exit the city without the dual hassles of mid-town #40 construction and Monday morning traffic congestion...something which even at the best of times can add over one hour to our return trips following visits with our grandson and his parents in the Plateau area.

We'll do this again as it was/is a real stress-reliever.

Room Tip: West side on hot days in summer mean the A/C has to be working -- OK sunset was nice.