“Correct but size od 4-bedroom not even for Chinese standards”
Review of Auberge de Paris

Auberge de Paris
Auberge de Paris
Ranked #66 of 102 Specialty Lodging in Montreal
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I found this accomodation, escaping from worst accomodation in my life. Hostel Discovery Good Life, just opposite on Sherbrooke Street. Read all this unbelievable reviws about Discovery. So that, this was relaxation. Excelelnt first night as I was alone in 4bedroom room. But awfull next 2 nights, as Brussels couple arrived and it was no place at al. See photo of obscure size room, where is 2 persons maximum, as you do not hvae space enough, to leave big luggages.
Does Canada or Quebec has any standard about minimum size of room for 4 persons? Ugly,ugly. It must be forbidden such rooms. Disaster. Your leg, right in head of unknown persons??

All other were O.K., even Air Condition, Kitchen. But Bathroom also, for mimimum Chinese standard. poor Chinese peopel, and we all, who must share this ugly 4bedroom room.

Room Tip: Do not take 4bedrooms room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 24, 2013

No Internet
No stove - broken
All lockers are broken
Reception - Terrible service

It is the worst hostel I've ever stayed!

The receptionists are rude. The service is terrible. The hostel has three building. After the check in I had to walk two blocks and when I got to the basement I couldn t believe it. The basement was really dirty, the stove was broken and also lockers (After trying 4 lockers I had to rent a locker at Bus Terminal) The bed linen had not been changed and had no ladder to climb on bunk

Auberge de Paris = 0000000

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Glauber182
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The location is great as it is just a short walk from downtown and most night life as well as a short walk to a metro station. The hostel itself was dirty and decrepit and the showers were tiny and moldy. One nice thing about the hostel was that it had recommendations as to what to do and see in Montreal and the tips on restaurants. The tips were very helpful and we enjoyed everything that we did off of these lists! If you're traveling with a group of friends and want to stay somewhere close to everything, are on a budget, and don't mind a little bit of filth, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is one of the cheapest places in Montréal, so you can't ask much from it. Two positive points are the price and the location on a nice and calm neighbourhood, near to 2 subway stations.
I had a shared room in the lower level with 3 beds, but there was only one more person. The carpet was old and the room didn't feel clean. The toilet and the shower were clean.
I was tired after my long flight and I was satisfied of my one night stay, but I probably wouldn't have stayed for much longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TheMetalTraveller
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I booked multiple nights here.

They did not even ask for my ID when I checked in thus no security here.

Place is full of cockroaches.

Carpet in dorm stinks to high hell. Health hazard.

Very very cramped and not comfortable.

Some other guy stole by bed - and I was locked out of my own room - even though personal effects were left on the bed. Clearly someone snuck into the room without using magnetic access card. Troubling!

Most manager wanted to do to compensate was to shift me to another room. Not acceptable. Will never stay here again.

Refund would have been appropriate given inconvenience.

Joe - former Montrealer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joe R
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I got a 4-person all-male hostel room. It was the smallest hostel room i've ever stayed in. First of all, it is down in the basement, with almost no air-flow. Everything is very crammed, there was not even enough space for me and the 3 others to lay our luggage out on the floor. The "private" bathroom could barely fit 1 person, and had cracked tiles on the floor. I almost cut my foot on one of them.

The sink faucet would not stop running, you could not even turn it off. I asked the people working there if they would please make it stop so I could get some sleep that night. They said they would, and a few hours later when I returned to hit the sac for the night, they had not done it.

I was very upset and asked for a refund for the horrible accommodations. The rude man at the desk did not even listen to me, and said he would not give me a refund.

Another worker there told me they have been updating the private hotel rooms they have in the building, but have neglected the hostel rooms. He said he wouldn't even stay in them.

Room Tip: Advoid this hostel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MikeStone00
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This quaint cozy little hotel is great for those on a budget. It's proximity to the metro station Sherbrooke makes it easy to find. Only problems are the staircase and the bathroom which was really too small. But in an older building retaining some of its original look is essential to the ambiance. Plus there's a cute little place downstairs that serves the complimentary breakfast for hotel patrons. All over, more pros than cons, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013