“Hotel Les Suites Labelle”

Hotel Les Suites Labelle
Ranked #54 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. The location has very easy access to the airport via the 747 bus and the Berri metro station. The end of the block is a bit sketchy, but anywhere in central Montreal is subject to this likelihood. The hotel and staff are good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Dan,

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your recent stay at Les Suites Labelle !
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay as well as our convenient location and access to city transports.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your nest stay,

Best regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I arrived early on a Monday afternoon and only had to wait 10 minutes for my room to be ready, thankfully not 2 hours until it was 4pm check in time. The staff were very friendly and helpful and although I did not need the speech of how to get around the city or what to see, I let her speak and she was very informative. There is an easy system for access. Your room key opens the hotel's front doors at night and the parking garage. They only have 20 spots underground but there were lots of spots when I was there which I was thankful for because I would not have wanted to park outside in that area. Street is a bit sketchy but you are less than a one minute walk away from a busy street with lots of ppl. Parking garage was a tight squeeze but no problem for a small car. Thankfully no one else was trying to get into or out of the garage at the same time as me so the one car width driveway was not a problem. Breakfast was delicious, rooms were clean. Only things bad were that the 'standard queen' room actually only has a double bed, and when I asked about that when I checked in they assured me it was a queen size bed. Definitely not. The room always smelled of a kind of cologne. Not sure if it was a cleaning product, or if the cleaning staff had very heavy cologne on but you got used to the smell as time went on.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to recommend hotel Les Suites Labelle to the TripAdvisor community! I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Concerning the bed size, all our rooms are furnished with either 2 double beds (54 inches wide) or 1 queen bed (60 inches wide). Some "residential" queen mattresses are 66 inches wide, which may lead some guests to think our queen size are actually doubles.

Once again, thank you for sharing your impressions and I hope you'll visit us again on your next trip.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and we were very comfortable. It was a bit tricky for us to find, for some reason our GPS kept losing signal everytime we got close but we finally found it. It is located on a side street not down an alley as other reviewers have mentioned. The room was really clean, bed was comfortable and the kitchen was well stocked for any light meals to be made. The breakfast was fine too, scrambled eggs, homefries, sausages, baked goods, fresh fruit etc...
I have no complaints at all. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only scary part for me was the garage, I have a small car and it still was tight getting up and down the levels but luckily we didnt hit any walls, I cant imagine driving a larger car in there.
For our next trip we will def stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Capecodneighbor,

Thank you so much for posting your impressions of hotel les Suites Labelle.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we could contribute in making your visit of Montreal a memorable one!

We are surely looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location affords very easy access to the airport via the 747 bus and is just off of the nightlife along St. Denis. The end of the block is a bit scruffy, but the hotel, staff, and amenities are tremendous!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of Les Suites Labelle.
We appreciate to receive comments from our guests and positive reviews are always pleasant to read !
I'm glad you enjoyed our colourful neighbourhood and hope it contributed to make you stay a memorable one !

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again on your nest stay,

M. Roy

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Everything with the room was perfect for what we wanted, including the fridge, dishes, wine glasses, cork screw, and dish soap/towel to clean everything up. We enjoyed lots of good chats sitting in the small leatherette chairs. The location of the hotel is great and we really enjoyed the little second storey jazz club just up and around the corner on Rue Ste Catherine (L’Eglise, I think it’s called). Although the walk from Rue Ste Catherine down Rue Labelle to the hotel looks a wee bit run down, we never had any trouble, nor did we ever feel unsafe. The proximity to the 747 shuttle stop and the metro is fantastic. For a combination of location and price, this hotel is second to none.

The breakfast room is large and clean, the staff very helpful and pleasant. I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of food. My only slightly negative comment is that a nice selection of fresh fruit would be terrific, but that really adds to the expense of a breakfast buffet. With the close proximity of a grocery store, we solved that concern ourselves and purchased some fruit for the room.

The staff are enthusiastic, energetic, efficient, and helpful. They legitimately seem to like their jobs – whatever this hotel is doing for staff training, keep up the good work!

Thanks very much for an excellent stay and I will most certainly stay here the next time I’m in Montreal. In addition, I’m happy to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We chose a standard with two queen beds. Lots of windows, roomy, and a large bathroom. Street side...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Shelley,

Thank you so much for such a positive review of Les Suites Labelle !
All our team do their very best everyday to provide the best possible service to our guests and reviews like yours clearly shows that they are doing a great job.
I have forwarded your comment to all departments so it can be shared with all staff !

We surely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again on your next trip to Montreal !

Once again, thank you for your warm recommendations.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel location was great for walking to the old town and access throughout the city via the metro but, as others say, it was a bit scary at night with so many down and outs hanging around the nearby streets. Still Canadian beggars are very polite! Look at Google maps street view if you want a look at the area. However, the room was good, staff were very helpful and breakfast was more than adequate. All round good value especially if you don't mind a little local flavour.

Room Tip: Try to arrive during daylight especially if walking from nearby Metro exit (100m).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comment regarding your recent stay.
I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and appreciated service provided by our staff as well as our complimentary breakfast.

I regards to location, as mentioned in previous responses, large cities come with goods and bad. However, I must mention that the area is absolutely safe. Furthermore, guests who may prefer to avoid Labelle street at night can walk across the small (and illuminated) parking lot directly facing main entrance, to reach Berri street, which is a larger, more frequented avenue.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review !

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was looking for a decent location without breaking the bank for my recent trip to Montreal. Hotel Les Suites Labelle was a great fit!

Check-in was easy. I found the staff friendly and eager to help. Everything we needed to know was clearly explained upon our arrival. We were always greeted when we walked through the front door. Staff called us a cab for our return to the airport without hesitation.

Room was spacious and clean. We had a two bed suite with kitchenette. Though we did not use the kitchenette, it was a nice option to have available as there was a grocery store down the street. We were on the sixth floor of the hotel and, for the most part, did not have an issue connecting to the free WiFi that was made available. Breakfast was included each morning with our stay, however we opted to visit the local cafes instead. It smelled great though!

The physical location of the hotel, with regard to sites and shopping, is great. Berri-UQAM Metro stop is at the end of the block, on the corner of Berri and St. Catherine Street. Sights and shopping are either within walking distance or easily accessible by Metro. In my opinion, there is no need for a rental car as Montreal is a very walkable city.

The actual street that the hotel sits on is what I would consider an alley. Though there were certainly some sketchy folks hanging about, I did NOT feel unsafe at any point during my five day stay and I was never hassled. I found that simply walking through the well-lit parking lot directly in front of the hotel to get to Berri Street cut out the sketchy alley element.

Overall, I had a great stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends who are looking for a convenient location on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Than you for sharing your impressions about your recent stay at Hotel les Suites Labelle !
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and could take advantage of our central location.

I hope you enjoyed visiting our beautiful city and that we'll have the chance to welcome you back on your next trip.