“Adorable bed and breakfast!”

University Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Ranked #35 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 24, 2012

PROS:
- Spot on recommendations on where to eat from the staff (yummy food and affordable)
- And help getting everywhere
- Breakfasts where you get to meet other travelers
- Breakfasts that include famous Fairmount bagels, croissants, fruits, yogurt, granola, hard-boiled eggs, milk and cereal, juice, tea, coffee
- Accomodated 3 of us to a room by providing an extra little mattress
- Location was great (closest to McGill U) but we also had a car
- Able to find parkin close by easily - just need to pay attention to when the meters are on and where it is residential only parking

OK:
- Stayed in the traveler room. There were 3 of us and it was on the smaller side with all our stuff but would've been fine if there were only 2 ppl
- Shared bathroom was not the cleanest at times (open and spilled shampoo bottles in the shower) but things were always stocked
- Internet if you have your own computer
- Garage parking - had that for one night and the spot is small and took a little maneuvering to get into in the corner but wasn't too bad

CONS:
- No office computer for guest use

Overall this place was a great value. Thought it was super cute and the staff was wonderful. Maybe next time we would get a private bathroom. But would definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our first stay at University B&B, and we couldn't have been happier. I cannot express how much I LOVE the location. It is a quiet street, but is within easy walking distance of the Plateau and Quartier Latin (we love both of these areas), as well as downtown and Chinatown/Old Montréal. We were travelling with a friend, and both of our rooms had the shared bath option. We never had to wait to use the bathroom, and it was kept quite clean. Our room was so charming and had everything we needed. The mattress was very comfortable, and we had a lovely view of the tree-lined street. The breakfasts were really great (I couldn't have been happier about the Fairmount bagels!), and the French press coffee was a nice and delicious touch. My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that the lady in charge of the kitchen wouldn't let me store one tiny ice pack in her freezer for a single evening. I thought that was strange, as I wasn't exactly asking to store five loaves of bread or anything. Anyway, that was a minor blip during an otherwise outstanding stay. We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GlobeTrekkerNYC
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Recently I came to Montreal and stayed at University Bed & Breakfast. Not only was it my first stay with them but my first experience with B&B. It was marvelous having a more than ample breakfast waiting for me every morning and the pleasure of meeting other lone travelers over that meal made me a convert to B&B. By staying in the Brick Suite, four steps up into building, as a physically challenged individual I was able to enjoy the flavour & character of the building yet be completely independent. I felt quite at home with a small kitchen, private bath and windows which over look the front garden which must smell spectacular when the lily of the valley are in bloom! University B&B is wonderfully situated for walking though I'd suggest walking "down" University rather then up! The staff was friendly and very helpful both in person and over the phone & online. The house keeping staff came and went unnoticed except that things were always clean and tidy. My next trip to Montreal may very well include University B&B and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in this part of the city.

Room Tip: Though Prince Arthur may seem busy, I stayed in a street front, main level suite and slept better h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank E M J
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at this bed and breakfast in Montreal. I was really impressed
with how clean it was. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were also situated in an ideal location for walking to the university, shopping, the park and the fine arts museum. I certainly will stay here again on my next trip to Montreal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2012

University B&B is everything you want , need and enjoy when you visit a new to me city. It is very welcoming. They have all the arrangements necessary for a late arrival. We stayed in the Beige room a perfect fit with a small kitchen, comfortable chair and a small balcony to enjoy the roof tops and hear the city. It was very clean, fresh and up to date, but kept the townhouse old feeling. It was close to walk Old Town, the Latin Quarter, the energy of the university and close to the metro to explore far and wide. This will definitely be our place to stay for return trips.

Room Tip: Beige room has a private bathroom, small kitchen and balcony. Good value!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2012

As a retired professor, my wife and I feel right at home staying close to a university wherever we travel, and the University B&B is no exception. It is down the block from McGill University and there are lots of good coffee shops and small restaurants within walking distance. We took the Beige suite with a small kitchen and in suite bath with an excellent shower. There is also a French door exit on the back of the room onto an outdoor patio. The breakfast was excellent (fresh breads and toast, boiled eggs, cereal and yogurt, and superb coffee. They also have indoor parking for 3 automobiles for $10/night. The office staff was cheery and very helpful when planning walks about this charming city. The price was very competitive as well. We will certainly stay here when we return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsouviney
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I was traveling to McGill for research and the University Bed & Breakfast was perfect in every way - my room (the scholar) was small but very cozy and great for one person, the breakfasts were tasty, and the bathroom (shared by four rooms) was nearly always open when I wanted to shower, etc. However, the location and price are likely the best parts of the B&B. It took me about 5-10 minutes to walk to McGill's library and then 5 minutes in the other direction was a mall with movie theatre, restaurants, and even a grocery store.

Room Tip: Scholar was small but perfect for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo