University Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$250
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The initial response to my request for a room was prompt and contained good information that I found to be accurate. After I made the reservation and prior to arrival, I received detailed information about late check-in. At arrival, the reception was pleasant and efficient.

My room was a "small room", it was quite functional, and it was located on the third level. The room was nicely arranged with pillows in a window sill for sitting. The room was air-conditioned and it contained a television, radio, clock, and dvd player. The bed was very comfortable.

The building is close to the performing arts complex and the downtown; it is one block away from McGill University and is on a quiet part of of a one-way street in an area that is primarily residential. At night with the window open I heard very little street noise. The building is a nicely renovated older structure but it does not have an elevator.

The breakfast is continental, is adequate, and is included in the room rate. For an additional fee, there are three tight, in-door parking spaces. I had no negative reactions during my stay and I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: The B&B has rooms with in suiite bathrooms but they were booked when I sought my reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ruppbenn_traveling
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We knew from the beginning it was going to be a great stay because of the warm welcome we received from the staff. While our room was rather small (ok for us) it was impeccably clean! Breakfast was served in the lovely open kitchen/dining area by a very nice woman who made special arrangements for us on the day of our early departure. We walked almost everywhere because of the centralized location and found the neighborhood to be safe. I would definitely recommend this B and B to anyone looking for a comfortable (and reasonable) place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Fun, university location walking distance to all the trendy streets. Parking is a 10 minute search each time you arrive. Breakfast is nice. We stayed in the Greystone top floor suite and the bed was dippy. The bathroom was newly updated with space age shower. Was a bit noisy. Kitchen was left with food drippings in micro and spilled milk in fridge. I didn't complain and just cleaned it myself. I am sure they would have been apologetic as the girls who run the place all seem very nice. The hardwood was clean but the area rug had crumbs due to what I think was a vacuum cleaner that wasn't so great. I probably wouldn't stay again but would recommend it for the shabby chic traveller.

Room Tip: Fantastic shower in the greystone.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sophie154932
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Stayed here 4 nights with my friend. Room was large overlooking the old street. Breakfast was delicious. Host was very helpful and have put a lot of effort into making an old building into a charming place. Convenient location to University and shops with lots of places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the front with the living area
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Our trip to Montreal was a very last minute with less than a day's notice and we picked this place simply based on location and TripAdvisor reviews. We called 9PM the night before we were to arrive and asked for the least expensive room (with a shared bath) and spoke to a very gracious individual (the owner, I think). When we arrived we were given a better room than promised (with a private bath and a kitchen) for the same rate as quoted originally. The apartment was immaculate, nicely decorated, and roomy; bed was very comfortable and the place was totally quiet. There were lot's of restaurant choices within a few blocks and we had on street parking. The next morning we had the included breakfast - choices of cerieals, fruit, yogurt, bagels, croissants, etc. with excellent coffee. This was a great find!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple