“This restaurant closed in February”
Review of Soupesoup Crescent

Soupesoup Crescent
Ranked #1,839 of 6,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant closed in February, unfortunately. It was a popular place because of its reasonably priced food and its location near the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and Concordia University.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Snowshaman

Reviewed December 6, 2017

This is a soup/sandwich/salad place in an old historic house. Limited but eclectic menu with some original ideas. Flexible servings such as variable soup sizes and half or whole sandwiches help. However,service can be slow and the soups can be a bit boring.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 15, 2017

The prices are unreal for basic soup. I got better soup at Walmart. T his place has two levels- level one is a cafe and doesnt have the same items as level 2 but its more like a hip place to chill out. Level 2 feels more like a formal restaurant. The soup isnt that great and its very overpriced. Dont waste your money.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed May 28, 2017

This was our first visit to the Crescent Street location of Soupesoup since it moved from the cramped basement (now occupied by its little brother Café Spoon) into the much more spacious premises on the first floor of the same building.

The premises are light and airy, with high ceilings and large windows. This was obviously once part of an elegant residence, and it shows.

The service was friendly and efficient. The fare was typical Soupsoupe: four choices of soup (one cold), four choices of sandwich as well as salads. Our soups were excellent, as were the sandwiches.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

I had eaten at another SoupeSoup years ago and enjoyed it and this one was near where I was parked so I headed in. There was a lineup at the front so I joined it. I replied to some emails and then realized I was in the takeout lineup!

I headed into the back where I was offered a place at the bar. I wanted to sit down and read so I said no and asked if a chair in the corner was available, thinking that, as the tables were small and for 2 people, that would be easy enough to do.

That was apparently too much to ask for, and I was directed to a table that was right in the middle of the room, also a table for 4. I didn't want to sit in the middle of the room, so I said I would look for another place to enjoy my lunch! Which I did!

Date of visit: May 2017