“Great location and excellent accommodation”
Review of B&B Le Cartier

B&B Le Cartier
Ranked #26 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at Le Cartier for one week with my family, and I very much enjoyed my stay. I was in a two bedroom suit, and my in-laws were in an adjoining room on the same floor. We had a shared common area that was very comfortable, and we often sat together enjoying a bottle of wine in the evenings. Richard, the owner was welcoming and knowledgeable, and Scott, the grounds keeper, was hilarious.

I especially enjoyed the location of Le Cartier. It was very close to the Metro, which I took to several places around Montreal, and also to St. Catherine's street, which has many interesting bars, restaurants, and shops. The rate was reasonable for Montreal, and the quality was high. I will definitely stay at Le Cartier if I visit to Montreal again!

Room Tip: I would pay extra to have a room with a private bathroom. I understand that some of the rooms have a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Have stayed here several times and have sent friends here. Beautiful inn, tends to be an excellent value for the quality of accommodation. Very convenient to mass transit. The inn has a few rooms that share a bathroom. As a regular overnight train traveler, this didn't frighten me, and it was great way to get a really inexpensive night in the inn. Owner Richard is very helpful and keeps up on the local food and beverage scene--is dining recommendations are always excellent.

Room Tip: Gastro-tourists: The inn has a little kitchen area that perfect if you want to bring back tidbits/be...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My travel friend and I spent a week here, my first trip to Montreal. The room (suite) was larger than I expected and opened onto a beautiful patio where we ate breakfast and had afternoon coffee. The breakfast might not be elaborate enough for some, but plenty for us: cereals, muffins, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee. The food was left all the time and it was nice to come home to an afternoon apple or iced coffee (which we left in the fridge from breakfast). It was a little disconcerting not to have a front desk when we had a question, but Richard seemed to show up when needed and could always be found late afternoon watering the plants on the patio. We loved the location just off St. Catherine where that street is closed to cars for several blocks in the summer. Very lively and interesting just to walk up and down. Street musicians, cafes and interesting characters. The B&B is far enough off to be very quiet. We were also very close to the Metro, so that was convenient.

Room Tip: We were glad to have a ground floor room in the back, just off the patio. The front room was a litt...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent 2 nights in this b&b during our trip to Quebec last September, our room was one of the suite on the first floor with the balcony at the rear. We want to thank Richard for all the precious tips that he gave us about restaurants, museums, sightseeings, he really helped us to make the best of Montreal in such a short time and thanks very much for letting us store our luggage at the b&b after check-out. The location helps a lot because the metro is just a short walk and even on foot one can easily reach restaurants and shops in the busy Rue Ste Catherine. Our room was bright and very well-furnished, for breakfast there were bagels, jams, cereals and a selection of tea and good coffee. We really love our staying at Le Cartier.
Grazie
Giulia & Giacomo
Firenze (italy)

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GillyFirenze_Italia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent 4 nights in the 2-bedroom apartment. The place is beautifully decorated, every detail is meticulously addressed, and the location couldn't be more ideal. For example, there were breakfast items left in the kitchen, and several items were individually wrapped. Each morning, breakfast items were carefully replenished. The furnishings are beautiful, the bedding is luxe, and the walls are painted beautifully. The host was very kind, friendly, and helpful in regard to local restaurants and attractions. The B&B is in the heart of Le Village, one block away from the metro station, a fine supermarket, and many restaurants and bars. I will definitely stay at Le Cartier during my next visit to Montreal

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

this place is great - clean, comfortable rooms, beautiful outdoor patio, incredibly friendly and helpful owners, ideal downtown location near restaurants and the subway, and a great diy breakfast. this isn't luxury - it has a shared bathroom and you have to wash up after yourself in the kitchen, but the reasonable rates more than make up for that! would absolutely stay here again, and can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveler01010
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband & I stayed here on our visit to Montreal. The B&B is clean and comfortable and there was a good choice of breakfast items provided for us to fix our own breakfast. It is located in a quiet street, just a short walk from the subway station. There is also a 24 hour supermarket nearby, as well as a good choice of eating venues.The hosts made us feel welcome and we would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple