“Very good ”

Ranked #50 of 394 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Montreal Holocaust Museum tells the story of Jewish communities before, during and after the Holocaust. Through the life stories of Montreal survivors, the Museum invites visitors to reflect on the destruction caused by prejudice, racism and antisemitism.
Copenhagen, Denmark
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very good ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice reasonable priced museum. I always visit these museums when I'm travelling so I've seen a lot of them! But I still found this interesting although I did miss some more information about Canadas part in the history.

• Hebrew first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Well worth visiting to remind ourselves that we must never let this happen again. Allow about two hours to visit this museum

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Douglas B
Montreal, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Our Past”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

It is a hard place to visit, but a place we need to see. If we do not show what they did to us, it may happen again.
We, the jewish people of the world will live on.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank Irving2013
Centerport
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very Moving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

You will learn about how Holocaust Survivors settled in Montreal in their own words on a video. Hearing them speak will make you relate to them in a personal way.

Visited October 2012
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Small, intimate museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I visited this museum with my husband and 13 year-old daughter on Aug. 12, 2012. The main floor deals with Jewish daily life, the lower floor deals with the situation in Europe leading up to the Holocaust and the third floor is specifically related to the Holocaust. There are many personal artifacts as well as accompanying text and short videos. Our tour guide was a volunteer who made our visit truly exceptional. She was extremely knowledgable and patiently answered our many questions. I would recommend this museum, however, I would caution families with young children as many of the images could be quite overwhelming. Though it is possible to visit the museum without a guided tour, for us the guided tour made the visit much more valuable. There is a small area where you can purchase related books and DVDs.

Visited August 2012