“Must-Stop for foodies”

Book In Advance
More Info
$54.06*
and up
Food Tour of Montreal's Little Italy Including...
Ranked #15 of 432 things to do in Montreal
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Large market with produce, meats, cheese baked goods, maple and apple products etc. Very nice vendors and high quality goods all around. Doesn't feel touristy. Came in March and there was still plenty of action. You must stop by Fromagerie Hamel before leaving. We sampled several Quebecois cheeses and they were all terrific!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,493)
All reviews
"food stalls"
"specialty shops"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a great market! First of all I hadn't had breakfast so headed straight for the creperie and had a delicious lemon and sugar crepe and two of the best espressos of my trip so far.
Lovely server who tolerated my terrible high school French.
Beautiful selection of produce, organic eggs etc. I bought cheese...oh the Quebec cheeses, could have spent a fortune in there!
I lived in Montreal I would be a regular customer here.

1  Thank Paulalovestotravel
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The market offers a variety of vegetables, fruits, fish, etc that's enchanting. The bakery at the entrance worth to visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I have been to Montreal three times in the last two years. We're from Massachusetts and the trip to Montreal only takes about 5 hours. Our college age son used to rave about it, so we headed up for our first trip and just keep going back. Nice, nice city.

One of our son's recommendations was to visit the Jean-Talon Market. We jumped on the safe, clean, and reliable Metro and were there in a flash. My oh my was his recommendation right on. This is a fabulous place to go and walk around. There is so much to see and so much to taste. We went in late March and there was still plenty of vibrant and fresh produce. So many vendors...veggies, fruit, cheese, meats, eggs, flowers, pastries, candies, breads, cookies, seafood, crepes, ciders, honey, maple syrup etc, etc, etc. One of the vendors has a huge vegetable and fruit stand and has platters of samples of many of the vegetables and fruits they sell. You can try all of them and they are fresh and delicious.

We plan on going back tomorrow and this time we are going to buy a bunch a great food to nosh on in our hotel room. We have a fridge and a microwave in our hotel room which is perfect for storing all of our treats. I thought the prices were very reasonable and the selection amazing. The vendors were super friendly and helpful.

I know I will be back every time I am in Montreal. Give yourself plenty of time to walk around and see everything. We were there for a little longer than 1 hour. You can shop here and grab a quick meal. This is a great place to walk around with young children.