“Feeling like a native”

53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Feeling like a native”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The market offers a variety of vegetables, fruits, fish, etc that's enchanting. The bakery at the entrance worth to visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Greenfield, Massachusetts
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Lots for the Eye to See and the Tongue to Taste”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I have been to Montreal three times in the last two years. We're from Massachusetts and the trip to Montreal only takes about 5 hours. Our college age son used to rave about it, so we headed up for our first trip and just keep going back. Nice, nice city.

One of our son's recommendations was to visit the Jean-Talon Market. We jumped on the safe, clean, and reliable Metro and were there in a flash. My oh my was his recommendation right on. This is a fabulous place to go and walk around. There is so much to see and so much to taste. We went in late March and there was still plenty of vibrant and fresh produce. So many vendors...veggies, fruit, cheese, meats, eggs, flowers, pastries, candies, breads, cookies, seafood, crepes, ciders, honey, maple syrup etc, etc, etc. One of the vendors has a huge vegetable and fruit stand and has platters of samples of many of the vegetables and fruits they sell. You can try all of them and they are fresh and delicious.

We plan on going back tomorrow and this time we are going to buy a bunch a great food to nosh on in our hotel room. We have a fridge and a microwave in our hotel room which is perfect for storing all of our treats. I thought the prices were very reasonable and the selection amazing. The vendors were super friendly and helpful.

I know I will be back every time I am in Montreal. Give yourself plenty of time to walk around and see everything. We were there for a little longer than 1 hour. You can shop here and grab a quick meal. This is a great place to walk around with young children.

Visited March 2013
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Love markets”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

some times when we go to Montreal and we know we are going to go to that market we bring a cooler and buy stuff frozen and fresh and fill up our cooler. Local farmers that showcase their product, espacially this cheese vendor that sells non-pasturrise cheese, IT'S awesome!!!!!!

Visited September 2012
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This market was one of the highlights of our short trip to Montreal. The fruits and vegetables were outstanding and the prices were great. We stocked up on cans of pure maple syrup and brought some bottles of maple home for gifts. I had a fresh fruit smoothie and my husband had some pork tacos that were incredible. The market was bustling with friendly people and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience there.

Kansas City, Kansas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“My favorite day!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love open air markets and JT was NO disappointment. People watching, eating, discovering new things. This is the best part of any trip wrapped into one setting. Everyone was so nice...samples were available and people were more than happy to talk about their produce, baked goods, cheese, or spices.. I had a few lively conversations there.

Visited March 2013