“Don't miss this!”

Maison Christian Faure Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 110 Dessert in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Veritable institution dediee a la patisserie, la Maison Christian Faure est a la fois une patisserie d'exception, un comptoir de Snacking Chic a deguster sur le pouce et une boutique de cadeaux gourmands. C'est aussi et surtout la premiere maison internationale d'enseignement specialise dediee a la patisserie francaise au Canada! ----------------- Veritable institution dediee a la patisserie, la Maison Christian Faure est a la fois une patisserie d'exception, un comptoir de Snacking Chic a deguster sur le pouce et une boutique de cadeaux gourmands. C'est aussi et surtout la premiere maison internationale d'enseignement specialise dediee a la patisserie francaise au Canada!
New York
“Don't miss this!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stopped by there x3 in a 3 day stay. Freshest baked goods...extremely high quality, nice atmosphere.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Burbank, California
“The ZENITH of Pastries”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I enjoy pastry. I enjoy quality pastry. I have NEVER, EVER, NEVEREVER enjoyed a pastry quite like what they serve here. It's phenomenal. Not only is it a pastry shop, but it is also a pastry school. One bite and you're hooked. I'm not a big eater and tend to stop eating when I'm no longer hungry. I lost all will power at this place and actually ordered a large bag of everything to take with me back to the states where I froze them for later. Make this a Destination Point on your trip!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jim a
Gainesville, Florida
“Best meal of the trip”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My title says it all. Wife had the lunch special with cappuccino, salmon tartare, and strawberry eclair. I had the chicken club, a cappuccino and shared the eclair with my wife. Meal was spectacular and was perfectly priced at $50. Service was impeccable. Look forward to coming back when I visit.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank umadrian
oak ridge, nj
“Can't stop thinking about my almond croissant”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Visited Montreal for 2 days with family who loves baked goods. After a bit of research, I was happy to discover there was a pastry shop a short walk from LHotel, where we were staying. I was sleeping in the first morning, so my husband and sons went without me. Soon my son was texting photos of beautiful dessert pastries, asking which I wanted them to bring me back. I couldn't choose! They returned with a gorgeous takeout box with a lemon meringue tart and an eclair topped with strawberries. Both were fantastic, but the lemon meringue was my favorite of the two. We were leaving Montreal this morning and planned our departure time to allow for trip #2 to the bakery. We actually jumped the gun a little and arrived shortly before the official opening time. This was my first time seeing the shop. The decor is simple, yet beautiful. The aroma is to die for. I had the Royal Breakfast -- hot chocolate, freshly squeezed orange juice, madeleine with jam, and an incredible almond croissant. Flakey, warm. Yum. Hubby thought his chocolate croissant was the best ever. Kids enjoyed apple turnovers and brioche. The sad part is that I was so completely satisfied when we were leaving that when my husband asked if I wanted to bring some home, I said, "Oh, no. We're so full." And so 12 hours later, I am sitting on my couch dreaming of almond croissants and wishing I had answered differently this morning.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank thevacationmom
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We found this lovely patisserie while wonder around Old Town looking for a place to have brunch. The menu sounded good....and it was! We all had the brunch special which came with a pastry, eggs Benedict with salmon or ham, fruit and French toast. I went with the almond croissant and it was to die for. Still dreaming about it! The Eggs Benedict with salmon was fantastic! A different twist on a classic. The sauce wasn't traditional, it had a light egg white sauce not hollandaise. The French toast had a caramel sauce, very good but very sweet. The cake and pastry case looked so yummy. I could have stayed and stuffed myself with macaroons, cakes and cream filled anything! I will visit again the next time I'm in a Montreal.

• Visited July 2014