“Magical little discovery - warm service, very tasty food, and fun!”

Sel Gras Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 5,822 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Canadian, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Mediterranean Style Comfort Food. Unpretentious and relaxed atmosphere. Wine, Champagne, Oysters, Cocktails and good Food.
“Magical little discovery - warm service, very tasty food, and fun!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We Love this new spot! Simple yet elegant, nice decor with wood and lovely lighting, a friendly service and most of all great food that you'll never make at home. We sat at the bar, started oysters that were served with freshly grated horse radish (we saw the grating!), a lovely red wine shallot sauce. And fresh bread that was so tasty! And home made! We skipped starters and went to the main meals. Hubby had the
grilled Rainbow trout with ratte potatoes (he's French so he was in heaven with this lovely spud!). I had the Cornish game hen, grilled too with a decadent sauce. We drank chilled beers and we were even offered a lovely oyster shooter by our waitress. She was happy for us since we were on a date night for the first time for a long time. ! I had the best panna cotta, hubby was happy with creme brûlée. So happy with our evening at Sel Gras in all aspects! I'll recommend to my best friends, hubby will too :-).

2 Thank BertRoxy

Paris, France
“we love the place, great food!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

the food is great, so is the service. we love the ambiance- pity we didn't try their cocktails, but the wine selection is great.
we ordered tartare de thon rouge as starter; steak (cote de boef grille) and shrimps/clams ( gambas/palourde) as main dishes. i think the steak is definitely superb; the seafood is nice but not impressive.

the restaurant is located in a very lively neighborhood full of nice shops, bars, restaurants.

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent restaurant: not number 1”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This restaurant is excellent but I agree with some seasoned trip advisor reviewers that this is not the best restaurant in Montreal. Tuna tartar and oysters were delicious. For mains the hen and ribs were delicious. The halibut was very good. The black cod was outstanding although the garnish was too salty. Dessert and coffee very good and service throughout was excellent
This restaurant deserves to be full every night and I will go back, but it is not the number 1 restaurant in a city of many excellent restaurants.

2 Thank Slabotsky
Moncton
“Don't hesitate it's worth it...”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I would recommend this place to everyone... it was so good. I ate there for the first time with one of my co-worker... and it was so good and that I had to go back 2 days later. I'm definitely going back next time I'm in Montreal.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank f2re3d
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“One of the best meal so far in Montreal”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I came here with my friends and we love it so much. The environment was really chill unlike some other restaurant of its caliber. The appetizer was really amazing. I would recommend tuna tare tare or ratatouille. The main course and desert were also as awesome. Would recommended if you want a nice meal out with friends.

• Visited April 2014