“Terrible experience - beware of bed bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 7 Saisons

Hotel 7 Saisons
Hotel 7 Saisons
Ranked #136 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Boston, MA
“Terrible experience - beware of bed bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

This hotel seemed innocent enough - an old gentleman behind the desk who was friendly, ladies in the morning so we were willing to forget some of the things until the morning we were leaving (we stayed there for 2 nights) when I developed red spots all over my body. They started itching and hurting and eventually had puss all over them. We returned home to the US from Montreal and my husband matched the shape and pattern (~3 bites at a time in numerous places) to bed bugs!! It was awful - much worse than mosquito bites - they swell up, fill in with puss and stay on for weeks after. The worst thing would have been if we brought these home - I washed EVERYTHING and prayed that no bugs came with us home - and seems like not. I am sure the owners knew about bed bugs - they should be forbidden from running a business.

Other problems with this hotel that I should bring up:
1. Our room smelled like an ashtray - the smell of cigarettes was so strong that I felt like a had a pack myself. We opened our one window and that helped but the window itself ... almost fell out on the street so we were worried someone is going to get hit below us if the wind blows over.

2. My husband found a syringe right on top of one of the dressers - I do not want to think what went on in this room before.

3. BED BUGS - terrible, never had such an experience before and I stayed at hostels etc

Stay away unless you want to suffer and possibly bring disease home.

• Liked — Location but even that is not worth BED BUGS!!!!!
  • Disliked — BED BUGS!!!! BED BUGS!! ASHTRAY SMELL EVERYWHERE
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank patrycja1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hungarian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel 7 Sasions for one night only so this is only based on my 12 hrs stay.

The hotel or rather I should say 'motel' is a little small victoria house. There are other hotels around the same block so I really had to paid attention to the signs.

The entrance is on the first floor. It was only a Thursday night but was fully booked. A sign that says 'No Vancancy' was taped onto the door. The door was locked when I tried to open it. Then a man emerged from the inside and opened it for me. I told him a reservation has already been made early the week. So he let me in.

The man turns out to be my 'check-in' guy. He told me there's internet access here on the 1st floor (which essentially was right beside the check-in counter) and there'll be continental breakfast at 7:30am. The breakfast was literally on the right side of the check-in area. Very small but cute. He handed me the key and I went up to my room.

There wasn't much review about this hotel so I searched elsewhere on the website. Most of the other reviews rated this place 6.5/10. Everyone seems to disliked the smoke smell in their rooms. but they liked the decor though.

The room was slightly smaller than what I had expected. But it got a bed and a washroom so it meets my requirement. My room did smell like 'Febreeze + cigarette smell. just like what the other posters had said. It has a TV and a mini fridge as well. My TV remote control was running out of battery so often times I couldn't switch channels (no bigging...). There were lots of pot lights and a cute chandiller hanging above my bed as well.

As I was about to turn the lights off, there was one set of pot lights I couldn't switch off. It turns out the light switch was missing the acutally 'switch'. One thing to note is that these switches are the 'dimmer sitch' so I used my key and was able to glide the actually control to the 'off' position..

The bed was old but had no cig. butts. Becuase there are other hotels in the area so I could hear people talking loudly on the patio. Luckily I was really tired so I slept through it.

Checked out was a breeze the next mornng. Mimi was very nice. I grabbed my breakfast and left the hotel.

• Liked — Small, cute and unique
  • Disliked — Smell of Cigarette & Frebeeze
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business