“I had a good experience”
Review of Hotel 10

Hotel 10
Ranked #36 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Honolulu, Hawaii
“I had a good experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Sept 26
Staying here one night after disembarking the cruise ship, I can't fault this hotel and staff. After concluding that MTL hotels are relatively expensive in reference to my needs for one night, I got a reasonable rate through Priceline.
Though a Clark St side room was not available at our 10:00 AM arrival, we were pleased with a large room, 532, facing Sherbrooke. Previous reviews of late night noise were foundless although we didn't stay during the weekend.
The king bed was heavenly, the shower was weak but drainage superior, and the staff was responsive and friendly. A safe and robes added to the many amenities.
The hotel proximity to Old MTL, Plateau, Chinatown, and Downtown makes it convenient to travel on foot. We didn't eat at the hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Last minute business trip was booked at the Hotel 10 due to a sensible price and recommendation from company travel agent. Upon check in on a Sunday night the staff was very welcoming, informative, and professional. My room (on the first floor above the club) was clean and spacious with all the upscale amenities to make me comfortable. Club was not open during my stay, so no noise problems there. Even though the hotel’s "chic and modern" style is not as “luxurious" for me, I had nothing to complain about since I was there for business. Great restaurants a block away on St. Laurent.

Room Tip: As everyone has commented, try and stay away from being near the noisy onsite club during the weeken...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel has a lot of things going for it in terms of design and location. It looks like it was uber cool when it opened, but has been well worn and not maintained to the highest of standards. Lots of scuffs, tears, paint chips and marks throughout make what could have been a hip design look dated and a bit shabby. It has all the makings of a great hotel - maybe a few years ago.

The earlier review about noise is absolutely true - the bar is a hotspot on weekends and really noisy. People go outside to have a cigarette and the the smoke wafts up into your room. Late night partiers in the hallways yelling and slamming doors. At 3 a.m. when I had business meetings the next day.

Despite this, the staff is very nice and highly attentive. The hotel is well located near great restaurants, bars, shops and galleries. Definitely outside the tourist zone.

I would not stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not facing Shelbrooke - very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank criticdesandiego
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear criticdesandiego,

I am really sorry that our property did not meet your standards. We have done some renovations and we are still in the process of completing everything before the end of this year. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the service, and I will make sure to pass the comments to the staff.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any more questions.

Merci
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This Hotel was very very noisy. The soundproofing is as good as paper wall. There is a multi-storey bar situated in the center of the building. You will probably have a good time if you enjoy sleeping AFTER 4AM or if you and your significant other are deaf. Otherwise do not good there

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eric D
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Eric D,

I would like to apologize for you recent experience at our hotel. It is true that we have at the hotel a very vibrant food and beverage operation on Saturday night and sometimes noise can be an issue in some rooms close to the restaurant. In the process of our renovations we will be changing all the windows in those specific rooms. Again, I apologize and hope that we can welcome you back.

Merci
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2013

After reading several reviews recommending this hotel for bachelor/bachelorette party groups, I decided this was the place to go and could not have been more happy with that decision.

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful beginning with the initial rate inquiry to Daniela and Bianca who made it their goal to get us the best rate for our group. When we arrived, Alexandre, behind the front desk, made recommendations for restaurants, bars, and sights, all of which were excellent. The rooms were clean and extremely comfortable. The bathrooms were large as were the showers. On the street side, we did not notice much noise at night.

The hotel location was excellent and very central to everything going on in the city. Hotel 10 intersects with San Laurent and had an overwhelming number of restaurants, shops, cafes, bars. The Old Port area happened to have a music festival which was only a $10 cab ride away, as were many other social locations. The club within the hotel seemed to only be open Saturday night but was very fun and attracts a energetic party crowd.

I would highly recommend Hotel 10 to anyone but particularly those looking to experience the more social side of Montreal. I am looking forward to staying here during future trips to Montreal.

Room Tip: If you are planning to stay here for bachelor/bachelorette parties, I would advise paying a bit extr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mderag16
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed staying here. Staff who were at the front desk while I stayed there were all young but very well trained. Professional. Courteous. Helpful. Check in was a breeze. They also had recommendations for places to visit and eat at.

Love the room decor! We were on a lower floor and there was some sound bleed through from the street. One the AC was going tho it drowned out any sounds.

Good stay overall. I'd return again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Leilani_A
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel 10, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Leilani_A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel 10. It was a pleasure sharing this review with the front desk staff, they were all very proud.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit in our beautiful city.

Merci beaucoup
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

All 4 of us loved this hotel. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. They really want their guests to be happy. The location is great, right next to a street with a row of excellent restaurants. My only suggestion is that they light the rooms better for reading. The staff also gave us wonderful restaurant recommendations for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast at the hotel is a bit pricey. We all had a great stay and felt we had never had such good service in an American hotel. Is this great attitude a Canadian phenomenon?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends