“Incredible Experience - Hotel 10+”
Review of Hotel 10

Hotel 10
Ranked #39 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Incredible Experience - Hotel 10+”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family arrived from Massachusetts for our first trip to Montreal. After advising us that the hotel had a night club on the premises, and seeing that we had two small children, the incredibily friendly staff adjusted our room location. The entire staff, especially the manager, valet, and concierge, bent over backwards to make sure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Even when we needed diapers late one evening, the staff called around until they found an open store for us. The hotel is also in a great location - in fact, we never needed the car as we were able to walk to all our destinations. Highly reccommend and looking forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear justin413,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an incredible review on your recent stay at Hotel 10. All our team work very hard to offer to each of our guest a personalized experience. I will make sure to pass along these comments to all of our team members that helped in making your stay a memorable experience.
We look forward to welcome you back.

Patrick Elbaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I (and our dog) visit Montreal every year for the Jazz Festival. This year we stayed at the recently re-named Hotel 10.

A hotel is just bricks and mortar, carpet and wi-fi. At Hotel 10, the entire staff made us feel we really were welcome, that they wanted to do everything they could to make our visit more pleasant, and that they really wanted to share the best of their city with us, Don't get me wrong, the amenities are great (great location, recently redecorated rooms, free wi-fi, pet-friendly and so on), but what really stood out for us was the staff. The front desk people were always friendly, always had a nice word for us and a pat for our dog and always wanted to help. The waitstaff at breakfast, the valets for our car, the maids - everyone we met - made us feel we made the best possible choice in a city filled with first-rate hotels.

Room Tip: If you are staying on a Friday or Saturday night, it's best to ask for a room on the Clark St. s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Bob b,

Thank you for taking the time to share your beautiful comments on HOTEL 10. I will transfer this encouraging review to our team that works constantly to make sure that we keep our high service standards. At Hotel 10 we make priority to make you feel like home.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit in our beautiful city.

Patrick
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday and Sunday night. If you are in Montreal to party then by all means stay at this hotel however, if you like to go to sleep before 3:00am then this is not the hotel for you. I was on the 5th floor and the music was so very loud. Never had this experience in any other hotel. Sitting in my room just waiting until the bar closed at 3:00 to finally get some sleep was very frustrating!
Check in time is not until 4:00pm, and even then our rooms were not ready. Although the rooms are nice, there are nice rooms in much quieter hotels for less money. Really wished I would have read the reviews on here before booked my trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BB1733
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear BB1733,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations regarding your last stay with us. We have at the hotel a very vibrant food and beverage operation and sometimes noise can be an issue in the rooms located on the restaurant side. Our team works very hard to manage guest expectations for those who prefer a quieter experience. Also we are very sorry to learn that you had to wait for your room at check in time. You can be assure that we will look into that.
We do hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to Montréal.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall, we were fairly unhappy with our stay at Hotel 10. The good parts were the rooms were spacious & comfortable. We had a decent view of the city and the bathroom was really nice. I loved the glass standing shower. We did have a few qualms with the place though. We were unable to figure out the AC, it basically did not seem to be working. We called to the front desk for help, but we had to go to dinner. They said someone would come up and fix it, but when we returned late at night it was still very warm in the room. Luckily it was cool outside so opening the window helped a lot. The second night we were there, we put in another request for the AC to be fixed and were told someone would be right up. No one ever came. The second night was much warmer and we both had a difficult time sleeping. The side of the building we stayed on there was construction happening at 7am on both Saturday and Sunday. Since, we had the window open because of the hot room, this was extremely loud and disruptive. We basically did not get to sleep in either day we were there. If we had been able to keep the window closed I feel like this would have made a huge difference as far as noise goes. Finally, we received our bill when we checked out and it was for only $32 or so, but my boyfriends credit card got charged an additional $95 and $7. There was definitely no reason for this so we are going to have to call today and have them reverse the charges. Based on all of these issues, I probably will not be staying here again.

1 Thank major1018
Dear Major1018,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our new renovated rooms. I am really sorry to hear that you experience issues with the AC system in the room. I just want to let you know that in final process of our renovations, we are at the moment changing all AC units that are causing issues. Also if you are still experiencing discrepancy with your credit card statement, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

New York
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I specifically requested a quiet room when I reserved, and the staff appeared to be aware of this as during check in they noted that I was on the 5th floor so that noise would not be a problem. However, the noise from the night club was unlike anything I've ever heard (despite living above a bar in NY for years). When I called to complain (3 times), I was told any room they could transfer me to would be even louder and that "maybe someday the management will fix this." Even after the noise ended at 3 pm, drunk people roamed the halls and even knocked at our door. The staff was lovely, and I feel horrible that they have to deal with constant noise complaints from guests every Friday and Saturday night. It's unbelievable that they even attempt to rent out rooms on tops of an incredibly loud nightclub, and even more shocking that they didn't offer to refund our payment for the room for Saturday night.

Also, one morning the hotel was completely out of hot water and when we called we were told that it would be fixed in a couple hours.

The rooms were clean and the location was good, but given that we essentially lost a day of our vacation due to not being able to sleep until 4 am - I'd have to rate this as one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I'm shocked they have 4 stars.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel on a Friday or Saturday night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank mc2599
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear mc2599,

Thank you for taking the time to share your remarks on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you being a guest at our hotel and sincerely apologize that your experience did not live up to your expectations, this is really not the image we would like you to retain from your experience. We always pride ourselves in providing the best and efficient service to all our guest. We have at the hotel a very vibrant food and beverage operation and sometimes noise can be an issue in some rooms close to the restaurant. In the process of our renovations we are working on insolation solutions. Also we are very sorry regarding the hot water issue, our maintenance team was able to resolve the problem in a short period of time.

Once again thank you very much for your comments, and we do hope to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Checking in I was aware already of the noise issue due to the KOKO Restaurant & Bar going till 3:00 a.m. At check in, the staff raised the noise concern prior to assigning us our room, which was greatly appreciated. As we were there for the night life room location was not really a concern, or so we thought. Although the music stopped promplty at 3:00, the lingering noise afterwards continued for some time.

The room was well set up and the food at the KOKO Restaurant was excellent. One disappointing factor was that the air conditioning was not working in the room and when I called down during the afternoon, we were advised that maintenance was working on it. In the end, the air conditioning was not fixed. Taking into account the noise factor, leaving the room window open was not an option.

To add to the disappointment, at checkout when I raised the air conditioning issue again, other than the being asked whether I had called down, it was received as if it was not an issue at all. I was quickly provided with my reciept and I was left to leave with a feeling of...well my stay is over so thanks but no thanks!

Sometimes the best way to ensure repeat business is to ensure your customers are left with a sense that they matter.

Room Tip: If you are visiting for the night life, any room will be good. If not, would suggest a different hot...
2 Thank Larry B
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Larry B,

Thank you for taking the time write post this review. I am happy to hear that at check in time our staff was able to accomodate you with your room request, and also that you enjoyed the food at Brooke restaurant.
I sincerely apologize for the discomfort that you felt during your stay because of the air conditionning not working. . I can assure you that we have had meetings with the maintenance, and the front desk department heads regarding your post.
Once again thank you very much for your feedback.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you are planning on coming back in the city.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Area was alive, art festival down street. Close to excellent restaurants and ,transportation. Staff always helpful and friendly. Easy to walk everywhere in town from this location. Checked in early morning, very easy. Really nice stylish room. Extremely clean.

Dear Decindio,

Thank you for the beautiful review on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed the location and the service at our hotel. It certainly makes our team feel great to read such nice and encouraging comments. We will share all your positive thoughts with our team at Hotel 10.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit in the city of Montréal.