“Great Stay”
Review of Hotel 10

Hotel 10
Ranked #46 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Spent the weekd end at Hotel 10 last week.
What a great Hotel.
From arrival to be greated by wonderful Marie Eve at the desk and Lovely Rahel at night.
Housekeeping was amazing. Very clean room.Bed very comfortable.
With the nightclub on lobby closed, no issue with noise.
This hotel is on the right path!!!!!great location. Great Place

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mikecm2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel 10

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel 10 is an older Boutique style hotel. Clean and modern in design. It's obvious the hotel is older, but steps have been taken to make it newer and modern. Between 5-9pm they have a cocktail hour in the lobby where they give you a complimentary glass of Prosecco.

Am definitely satisfied for the price!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lissea
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here while visiting for a Canadiens game. This hotel has a great feel and is very welcoming when entering. Located approx. 15 mins from Rue Saint Catherine which is a primary location for shopping and approx 30 mins from Old Montreal. The hotel offers a courtesy shuttle in a Mercedes that will take you anywhere in a 5km radius from the hotel. The driver offers great insight on the city when dropping you off at your particular location. The rooms where very clean and had a great boutique feel to them.

The only downfall to this hotel is that the parking is rather expensive at $24.00 a day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Josh V
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Needed to bed down for the night just before Christmas '12. Convenient to where other family members were gathering for evening together.
Hotel 10 perfectly adequate, but hardly a "Design Hotel' "providing a unique boutique experience unlike any you'll find in Montreal".
If that's the best 'boutique hotel' Montreal can provide. mmmmm!
Perfectly clean and comfortable, and acceptable at $159 excluding taxes (and goodness how many do the Quebec and Montreal authorities have to add? We counted 8 on our bill!)
What is totally unacceptable in this day and and age is to find hotels charging for internet access, in this case $14.95, outrageous.
Better to charge $15 more on the bill rather than highlight this rip-off.
I travelled extensively on business in Europe, Middle East, US and Africa, I thought this habit of charging for access had more or less died out when I retired 5 years ago.
Maybe I'm missing something in Canada, but come on folks, get real, it costs you very little if you have 21st century cabling.
I would add the breakfast was very good, service excellent, but again $25 dollars a head?!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I ended up getting this hotel through Hotwire and read the reviews after my roulette hotel choice was revealed. First, the rooms are dark, but clean and modern. I found the room to be a bit cold at times due to the "industrial" feel. Second, previous reviews about the noise seemed to be irrelevant. Maybe I came during an off time but apparently the "club" wasn't open? I never went to the restaurant to eat because I didn't find it friendly to single business traveller

Downsides. I was told parking was $16 for self park and $28 for valet. Since I needed my car for business meetings all week I decided to self park. Parking was underground and safe/heated. When I checked out my bill was for $24 a day plus tax ($27.60 approx) which is a total rip off! I was disappointed. Another downside was that the hotel apparently had room service, but no menu in site. There was a well stocked mini bar in the room, downside? No price list (I'm sure outrageous) and some of the food was expired. I also noticed toiletries I used were not being replaced daily. Also, Internet isn't free. It's $14 a day, plus tax! Not good for a business traveller!!!

So the cheap $90 rate from Hotwire I ended up paying an extra $27 for parking and $14 for Internet, if I wanted it. I wouldn't stay here on business, maybe a personal trip with no car or need for Internet. Should have not tried to save my company a few bucks and stayed at a chain hotel down the street and earned some points! Lesson learned and I'm losing faith in Hotwire!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I live not far from Montreal and decided to stay overnight in the city to celebrate a birthday. I booked the hotel through www.hotwire.com and was pleasantly surprised!

I had called in advance for some information about the parking and the room type and the person who answered was very well-informed.

The front desk team were very delightful and efficient.

When we got to the room, it was spotless and very trendy.

We got back to the hotel around 1:30 and I had gone across the street to pick up a snack to bring up to the room and had stopped at the front desk to ask for a couple of spoons, which were brought up within 5 mins.

A few of the doors were damaged at the bottom, the curtain was detached at the top of the valence and the toilet was blocked(but we only noticed this the next morning around 10 am).

Overall, this hotel is VERY well-located, on the corner of a popular night-life street, very clean and great staff. Definitely a 4 star. Be warned that it is 100% non-smoking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila P
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love staying at this Hotel. It's located right where I want to be, I don't need to drive or pay for a cab if I want to go to a club/restaurant/lounge everything is right near it. The club downstairs was a blast, much better then places I was recommended such as Buona Notte. The staff is really nice and helpful and they had great suggestions on places to go. I stayed in the Executive Suite which was great and I loved the separate room because my buddy that was with me sleeps too much and I didn't bother him being in another room. This is the only place I will stay when I go to Montreal.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring Canadian Currency, most places accept US currency but not everybody does and for...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends