W Montreal
LHotel(Montreal)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,509 results
All reviewsmega roomwow suitebliss productsvictoria squareglass wallroom servicerain showerbachelor partymini barhotel baramazing hotelold portmetro stationvalet parkingwunderbarconciergelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice location. Very central! Easy access to the metro station. There are bars, restaurant, and night club in the hotel, so you don't really have to go anywhere if you don't wanted go out in the snow I think lol
Food at the Otto restaurant is great but a bit pricy. Hotel rooms are very big and clean and fancy looking.
W Montreal is a Very good place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property is by far one of my favorite W Hotels as each time I stay here the service gets better. 'Whatever Whenever' used to mean exactly that and most W's seemed to have lost that magic but it's still going in full force here. Daniel our concierge for the weekend was without a doubt one of the hotel's best kept secrets.

The rooms are amazing and though they haven't been updated since the hotel opened they're still just as nice to the eyes as the first time I stayed in this hotel.

The bathrooms are great if you're SPG elite and get upgraded to a Wonderful room you'll no doubt book that just to ensure you get that room in the future.

This trip we unfortunately got put on floor 3 and couldn't sleep at all because of the loud booming from the nightclub directly beneath. The next morning we informed the hotel and even though the hotel was sold out, some quick finger pressing on the keyboard had us moved up to 7.

It is worth noting here that the gym is very small and if more than two people are trying to lift weights you'll more than likely give up on working out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

We really appreciate your comments and are pleased to see you enjoyed the hotel.
We won’t miss to pass your good comments to our talents.

Nevertheless, we are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your night.
Please note that your concerns regarding the soundproofing of our rooms are being addressed to the team in charge of the upcoming renovations.

Your W Montréal Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was amazing. Food was well presented and tasty. Service was great. The staff went the extra mile when luggage was lost for one person. The bar is exciting and fun. The rooms were beautiful, great view, comfortable and sexy. Check out what is in the basket in the room. Go there with a lover for a wonderful weekend. The location is within easy walking distance of downtown, Chinatown and old montreal. A must when in Montreal.

Room Tip: Get the room that is not the lowest price, go one level up for an exciting sty
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the W a second time this August, after having tried the Intercontinental during the first part of my Montreal trip. The W is much (!!!!) better.

On the downside you would have to mention that there is no swimming pool at this 5 star hotel.

But all other features just stand out above the crowd, and certainly in direct comparison to the Intercontinental hotel, just around the corner.

Rooms are modern, large, airy and decked out in soothing colors with the odd cyan blue touch. Bathroom is big and sort of integrated into the room with half-rise walls and curtains to separate -- which you like or don't, but it certainly fitted the cool and sleek ambiance of the room and hotel.

I had breakfast at the Otto restaurant, which came included for platinum members and was more than appropriate, with the staff being professional and genuinely caring.

There are a couple of bars and lounges (well... two in total) which give the hotel a bit of a night club feel ... at night. This can be disturbing, but hey ... you are staying somewhere where others are queuing to get in. Btw, there is a direct entrance from the Montreal metro at the Basement L2, operated with the hotel key. The (modern) gym is on that level 2; no windows, but airy despite its restricted size. Taking a shower at the nice spa after check-out for a late evening departure wasn't a problem, and the facilities are more than appropriate.

What really rocks, though, is the genuinely positive and can-do attitude of all staff members, I have had the pleasure of dealing with. From check-in to check-out this was an amazing benefit for my stay. Service was polite, professional and genuinely caring. As it should be ... you might say. As it often is not ... as we all know.

Keep the spirit!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking time to review W Montréal and for posting such nice comments.
We are really pleased to read that you appreciated your stay and the hotel’s location and services provided.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Your W Montréal Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2013

W was Wonderful

Amazing....

My thanks go out to the management and staff of the W Montreal. I recently organized a surprise party for my wife’s birthday. I booked seven rooms for friends and family via a combination of SPG points and regular payment.

I was simply overwhelmed at the attention to detail and the effort made by this hotel to accommodate our party. Everything went smoothly.

Front Desk Staff – they discreetly checked each couple in and were able to upgrade most of our rooms! It was a surprise event, so the reception team had to be careful about how the check-in process was handled. Every guest was treated exceptionally well and very much appreciated the W Hotel’s rooms.

Bar Staff – We bought several bottles of champagne and were treated to a VIP section of the bar. We had the whole place to ourselves to party. The service was excellent!!

Housekeeping & Room Service - Throughout the stay we availed of room service and had a small reception in our suite. The service was excellent (they even taught us how to use the awesome Bose surround sound system to blow out some music in the party suite). Our rooms were impeccably clean.

Concierge – our thanks to the concierge for making dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant (Accords). The dinner was fantastic – plates were empty :) They also double-checked all room reservations in the days leading up to the weekend and obviously prepared the front desk team for receiving guests as they arrived.

Management – absolutely fantastic. The service and amenities were top-notch. My wife and I were upgraded to an insane two-story suite in the penthouse with a wrap-around balcony overlooking Montreal. The manager finished our visit by sending up some fruit, champagne and orange juice the morning we checked out. I appreciate all their support and the overwhelming upgrades received during our visit.

I’ve have travelled heavily for 15-20 years and I’m an SPG Platinum member (along with some other hotel programs). In all this time, I’ve never come across a hotel so committed to customer satisfaction. Congratulations to the W Montreal for an outstanding job.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors as you may hear the nightclub at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends