“W Montreal - Amazing as always”
Review of W Montreal

W Montreal
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“W Montreal - Amazing as always”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I travel to Montreal typically once a month for work and I always stay at the W. It is a great hotel, Otto (hotel restaurant) is awesome so room service is great. On Wednesdays it does turn into a club in the lobby bar but I have never heard any noise/ had issues and there is an upstairs lounge if you want to get more low key drinks. Love the Bliss Products (bath products).

The staff is awesome and they have some good recommendations for restaurants. Its located between the financial center and Old Montreal which creates a nice balance.

The gym is small but it has everything you need.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window, some rooms are interior rooms and the lighting in the day isn't great...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I am staying at w for 1 nights and I am not impressed. The service for valet parking is great but that's about it. We were woken up at 8:30 am this morning, asking us if we ordered breakfast. We surely didn't and we were still sleeping. Out hotel room was not made when we got back to out room at 6 pm. So we called front desk to try to get it made. When we went back at mid night. The room is still not made! They offered to clean the room tomorrow but we are checking out. LOL. Would not come back

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank kwschan
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are truly sorry to read that we made a mistake on our end and we apologize about this situation.
One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

Your W Montreal Manager
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are huge W fans and always try to stay in one when we travel. While booking a trip to Montreal, we were happy to see that there was a W in the city center. We read some reviews before our trip, and some of the mixed reviews had us a bit concerned. But we were extremely happy with the property. The Welcome Desk staff were helpful and the Bell staff rushed our bags up to our room. We had a 9th floor room, which overlooked the hotel's interior. At first we were worried that the room would be too dark since it didn't have an exterior view. But the lighting in the room was excellent, and the open bathroom concept actually helps the room to feel much larger. As for the open bathroom concept - well, we didn't mind it at all, but can see how some people wouldn't be comfortable with it. There are curtains to close to have privacy and the toilet area (thankfully!) has a door. The room was in great condition and offered all the amenities we have come to expect. The big con for us during our stay was the noise from the W's nightclub. We stayed on a Saturday night and had a 5am wakeup to meet our car to the airport - we were kept awake until 2am from the techno music. We have never had issues with noise at any other property and assume the noise was bad since our room was an interior facing room. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but would make sure our room next time faces the exterior. We had dinner at Otto Ristorante, located in the lobby, and were blown away. Everything from the tuna tartare to the pumpkin cake dessert were fabulous. The wait for our food was long, but so worth it! This ranks up there with one of the best hotel restaurants. We loved our stay here and will definitely look into the W next time we are in Montreal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael_SD
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great hotel, great location. Was there for 1 night only and I was given a "great room" which I guess is a bit of an upgrade. Was very large with a nice view of the park. I love the music and the lights in the W hotels.. Gives it such a nice mood.

Anyways, the mini bar fridge did not work so no cold beer, but ok, they brought up 2 complementary ... The continental breakfast is really small and has hardly any selection, compared to other Starwood properties, it's lacking.

The shower was huge, however the water pressure on the rain shower was very low and no additional hand shower, makes it difficult to rinse....this is definitely lacking in such a room.

The service was excellent all throughout, and although at some other W hotels, the staff can be a bit cold, here at Montreal, they were all very warm and nice...maybe it's because it's in Montreal.

I normally stay at the Sheraton when I am in Mtl for one night and its also in a great location

Room Tip: Plenty of street parking
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daniel3282
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us and your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Starwood properties have provided for you. We are glad to hear though that you appreciated the friendliness of our Talents .
Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Your W Montreal Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The W Montreal is easily one of the most beautiful hotels that I have stayed at. The aesthetics, the scents, the design, and the presentation are all pretty phenomenal. The Plateau Bar (2nd floor) and the Wunderbar (1st floor) are both great places with beautiful women and great bartenders. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 - some of the service (concierge, valet, servers at the restaurant) is good, but not great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
montreal
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at the W for valentines day and couldnt be happier with my choice.
The location is central; the view is spectacular; and the room; took my breath away!
The room is very spacious; and love the color themes (a lot of blue) and nice decor.
I didnt like the fact that there was no door between the bathroom and the bedroom. but big bonus for the MASSIVE bathtub
The staff was very helpful and friendly. If you have the chance; visit the bar on a busy night and the breakfast restaurant in the hotel.
Everything was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vicki_664
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2013

So let us preface this with the fact that I am a Starwood employee and thus have the immediate unfair advantage of a significantly low rate. Despite the fact that I was staying at the hotel so cheaply, I was treated as they would treat any other client which was a wonderful experience. The agents, concierge, and bartender all quickly read my mood and personality and were able to adjust their behavior accordingly, relaxing down a little more and making a legitimate human connection. Let me give a few solid shout-outs:
Front Desk - David and Rael, both very personable and accommodating. They have great style and attitude. Also, David's hair cut is tops.
Bellman - I dealt with Max, who was an awesome guy. He stored my bags and car real quick and managed to remember my face four days later when I was leaving. Make sure you tip him well, he deserves every penny.
Bartender - Sous is a wonderful down to earth girl, very smart. She's a great person to have a conversation with while you have a drink, or during any occasion.
Concierge - Daniel, now this is a guy who dropped my jaw. I asked him for recommendations on food and he threw down a lot of solid choices, but that was to be expected. What floored me was when I asked him if there were any record shops and he just started marking my map without abandon. I mean, the guy knew his stuff. And not just like Virgin megastores or anything, I mean local record shops that had their pulse on the scenes and a fine selection of CD, tape, vinyl, whatever.
Anyway, enough gushing, it was a great stay, Montreal is a blast, one of my favorite places in Canada. Experience it for yourself, it's the only way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends