“Very cool hotel”
Review of W Montreal

W Montreal
Ranked #22 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Based in New Zealand, where there arent any Starwood hotels, so staying at a W is a treat. The W Hotel in Montreal does have the Wow factor with the design led hotel room, good space and nice touches like the Acura car service (free one way trip around the city), excellent city centre location right next to a subway stop and close proximity to the old town. Door staff were very welcoming and the concierge was helpful in finding us a number of local restaurants to eat.

We had a great time travelling around Canada and the States and the W Montreal was our favourite hotel on our trip

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Excellent place. Service is amazing and leta not forget if you ask for a coffee machine in our room u recieve a nespresso machine. The lounge is a must visit . Font desk. Bellmen were excellent.
I stayed at the W union square in nyc and there are a huge different in quality and service

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend away in Montreal. Located right on the subway and on the edge of Old Montreal we where able to explore the city easily. My wife had a massage at the Away spa with Mike and she said it was the best one she has ever had. The staff looked after our every need and the swank room was perfect for the quiet get away we needed.

Room Tip: Corner suites of course have a more windows and a way better view of the city.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,
It is nice to hear your wife enjoyed her experience at AWAY Spa. We will pass along your good comments to Mike- he will be very happy!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,
Warmly,
Your W Montréal’s Manager

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Overall good stay, great location, right downtown within walking distance of Old Montreal where there are lots of restaurant choices. Also within walking distance to train station, which is how I traveled from Toronto on VIA. Check in was quick and easy, and I was upgraded based on my status with Starwood Preferred to the "Mega" room. Good size, generous room. Shower area is cavernous, as is the deep tub! Bathroom area is open to the rest of the room and is separately by a thin blue curtain. Huge windows over looking the downtown! (I was on the 5th flr)

Only cons that I experienced were problems with the TV reception, seems the HD channels were not always available. Had to call maintenance twice during my stay to resolve. And second, was no in room coffee available. Free coffee and tea is available in the morning in the lobby ("Living Room"), but I personally like have in room coffee in the morning.

1  Thank 28_apg

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review W Montréal.
Sorry for the inconveniences with the TV reception but we are happy to hear that you liked your stay here! Also, note that a coffee machine is available on demand. So next time you visit, just dial 0 and it will be a pleasure for our Whatever/Whenever service to bring you a coffee machine.
Your W Montréal’s Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the hotel. There was no view but the room was clean, spacious and quiet. The hotel has a convenient downtown location. The price was slightly high considering the amenities. Reccomendable if you are not planning on spending a lot of time in your room.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great hotel with a very hip vibe. It was almost as if I walked in from the streets of Montreal into a Vegas hotel. The room I had was fantastic. Oversized reading chair. Wild bathroom with a soaking tub, walk in shower, HUGE! Perfectly quiet, comfortable, and the lighting added to the level of relaxation.

The second level lounge was another great surprise. An illuminated bar with a fallen leaf theme. Talented and experienced bar staff with a good combination of quality spirits.

The staff was the true standout. From the moment I check in, the doorman remembered my name. Not because I gave him a $50 tip (because I didn't), but because it really seemed like he cared. Made me feel like I was at my father's country club, minus the snobbery. Checking in at the front desk was easy, quick, and professional. Tips and suggestions from the front desk and concierge, again outstanding. Had dinner at the restaurant at the bar, followed by a late lunch the following day. Hostess remembered me, greeted me with a great smile - "welcome back".

Great location. Couple blocks to St. Catherine. Couple blocks to Old Port. Easy getting to from Pont Champlain.

Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room to whatever you can afford. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for reviewing the W Montréal,
While each guest is special for us we strive to provide a unique and personalized experience and make them feel at home. It is nice to hear you enjoyed our cocktails at Plateau lounge, our mixologists made the most unique and tasty cocktails. We can’t thank you enough for such positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warmly,
Your W Montréal’s Manager.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

First time to canada, and i loved it. The W was perfectly located justva few blocks from the shopping area. everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and spoke english & french. The room was very nice, a bit small but nice. room service was incredible (brought us a pack of smokes at 5am).