“welcome to Canada” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“welcome to Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

First time to canada, and i loved it. The W was perfectly located justva few blocks from the shopping area. everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and spoke english & french. The room was very nice, a bit small but nice. room service was incredible (brought us a pack of smokes at 5am).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in August. Great hotel with everything you would expect from a W - hip decor, bar & lounge in hotel, friendly/helpful staff. Good location with lots of BIXI bikes nearby, close to public transport and walking distance to many things. My one complaint was the bathroom.... overhead shower that looked really nice but functionally is not that great. Plus one wall of the shower is clear glass that that looks into the bedroom! We were a couple but even we found this a bit uncomfortable, really there was no privacy to shower.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your stay at W Montréal,
While we understand open bathroom concept doesn’t fit everyone, we will consider your comments for our upcoming renovations next year.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Everything about this hotel is in some way perfect. To start, the location is fantastic, close to everything and in the centre of the city. The hotel is very modern, but still feels cozy and inviting. I was upgraded for free to a Fantastic Suite which was a great surprise. The room was very clean, extremely spacious and comfortable (I could have died on that bed, or in that bathtub and been more than happy). I loved the open concept room and did not want to leave. I ordered room service a couple of times which was just perfect in terms of quality and wait time (always less than 30 minutes). Besides these things I mentioned, the staff at the hotel were great; very friendly, very funny, very helpful and a pleasure to talk to. After staying at the W Montreal, I will not stay anywhere else in Montreal. The hotel, like I said, is perfect, including the staff and I hope to return very soon!

Room Tip: If you can, try to book a Fantastic Suite, or above. The rooms are very spacious, the bathtub is ove...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the W Montréal.
It’s great to hear you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. We try to provide complimentary room upgrades whenever possible.
As we know, it’s important for you to have a good night sleep; all the152 rooms are furnished with our comfortable W signature beds. If ever you are interested in having a souvenir of W Montreal you can purchase items online through whotelsthestore.com.

We look forward for your return,
All the best,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had enjoyable stay but perhaps not the best family choice with boutique (dark) sofa type ambience and open plan (curtained) room/bathrooms. Staff were great and in particular, concierge was really helpful and friendly. Recommendations for nearby restaurants could not have been better. Location is great near the old quarter and business sectors and quite close to river. Breakfasts are exorbitant but lots of nearby cafes. Wi-fi should be included in tariff as it's a little ridiculous that it's free at lobby level but not for paying guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the W Montreal in Nov 2012 for one week, a business / pleasure trip. Having stayed at W's before, my expectation was that the hotel would be sleek, trendy, and well put together with excellent service. W Montreal did not disappoint. The lobby and common areas were amazing, with a posh night-club tone that I come to expect from the W. I was upgraded to a 10th floor Mega Room, which had an amazing bathroom and more than enough room. All food and drinks that I ordered were made with excellent quality and timing. Check-in and adjustments were painless, with great help from Dori (sp?). Valet was effortless and fast, with specifically Chris attending to everything that I had requested, including some great restaurant tips. I do not understand other reviews on here, how people can be that ultra-picky about the small things- because the W Montreal was one of my best stays in Canada- period. The only wish-list item would be for this hotel to make a roftop pool scene like my other fav, W Hollywood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

From an hotel manager point of view I can say that the W Hotel is absolutely one of the best hotel I've ever been. The open space concept of the room/bathroom is brilliant. The overall design breathtaking. The attitude of the staff impeccable. Forget about the Marriott and similar, W is the place where to be. Every negative comment I read about this hotel sound like a joke to me, definitely not worth anyone's attention. After visiting the W I can say I'm not curios about any other hotel in town. So far there's only one comment I would like to make. When I was asking for directions to the agent (the desk on the right side of the lobby when accessing the hotel from the main entrance) I received an ok answer, nothing more than that. There was no initiative from his side, no attempt to go out of his way. Offering a suggestion or an alternative would have made the difference between good service and outstanding service. This is ONLY an observation. Nothing more. The W still fully deserves a 5/5 rating to me.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the W Montréal.
We are touched by such positive comments especially coming from a hotel manager.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I frequent Montreal any chance that I can get but this was the first time that I stayed at the W Montreal. It was my boyfriend's birthday and we wanted to make it special.
Upon arrival, we were not required to search for parking, as this at times can be a difficult task, as the W offers valet. The front receptionist was very courteous and welcoming.
We stayed in the Mega room w/park view. The style was very contemporary and gave the concept "Open concept decor" a whole new perspective. We really enjoyed it. The room was clean and the bar was fully stocked. We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Put the "do not distrub" sign on the door. The W offers a "coffee cart and newspaper...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the W Montréal,
Happy Birthday again to your boyfriend!
We are glad we were able to make your stay extraordinary on such a special occasion.
We look forward to your return in the near future!
Warmly,