“Great Location”
Review of W Montreal

W Montreal
Ranked #23 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel was very good overall and very trendy, in a perfect location for sight seeing, but a few niggles took away from the fun a little.
The bed / comfort was excellent, very high quality bedding. Due to the bad lighting, I must have stubbed my toe on the bedframe about five times though....it stuck out a little too much and you just couldn't see it in the dark. Nice big bathroom with big shower, no bath. We loved that, shower very powerful & good size. Book different room type if you prefer a bath.
Overall cleanliness was OK, not great, found sweet wrapper behind bedside table (could have been worse). Replenishment of shampoo etc was very sporadic, vacuuming didn't reach corners.
The WiFi in the room was not great and took a couple of days to sort out properly. Not good when you have to work a little, whilst away.
As I say, these are small niggles, but I would have expected a little more for the price paid. We did not try the food, as there was so many restaurants in walking distance.
Overall maintenance slightly low, light bulbs out for several days in corridors, someone had hit a corner in a corridor with a suitcase or so and the plasterboard pieces and dirt were left there for over 24 hours.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at W Montréal.
It is nice to hear you appreciated the hotel and its location. We will consider your review about the lighting in the room when we will undergo extensive renovations in 2013.
We are surprised to hear your comments about the cleanliness of the rooms as for the maintenance of public spaces. We will follow-up with the concerned department to assure that our cleaning procedures and standards are applied.
For your next stay don’t hesitate to ask our Whatever/Whenever service for more shampoo or anything else you would need. Just dial 0 and it will be delivered right to your room.

Warm Regards,
Your W Montréal’s Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was enjoying my trip in Montreal and staying in this luxury hotel. Starwood has a environment support program, we decided to participate, so, the housekeeping will only clean your room based on your request. We like that program. In general our experience was great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay at W Montréal!
We are glad to hear you had the chance to participate in our “Make a Green Choice” program and enjoyed your experience here.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

All the Best,
Your W Montréal’s Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2012

absolutely recommend this w hotel. the prices were extremely fair for what you get with this place. great location and better staff. valet was outstanding and very attentive. they never hesitate to let you borrow their umbrellas or run and grab you some water. the reception is extremely helpful and attentive. the rooms were top notch and extremely clean and well kept. the restaurant that is connected if also absolutely amazing with awesome staff... i definitely recommend this hotel if you are planning on making a trip to montreal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the W Montreal. Room was very clean, hotel had a lot of options for entertainment and was close to many other food options as well. Easy walk from hotel to area where Montreal Jazz Festival was located. I also enjoyed the front lobby area to sit and relax after walking around. Concierge was also very helpful and was able to get me reservations at a Garde Manger which is very hard to do. Spa was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Although W Hotel has a great location and service, they fail at covering my basic needs as a traveler. Upon arrival the doorman and front desk agent were very helpful and attentive. The "Cozy" room is dark but the layout is attractive. The shower has a clear glass wall that divides it from the room. The layout and the top of the line rainfall shower made it an enjoyable experience. The desk area was dark and uninviting.

I was staying for a tournament and it was important to know my weight before competing the next day in the afternoon. Unfortunately there wasn't a scale in the room nor the gym, and the concierge team was not able to find me one. When calling the front desk for more of the complimentary water offered in the room I was told it is a policy of the hotel to only give one bottle of water per stay. I also asked for dental floss and I was given a dental floss pick and an apology, as that was the only one the hotel had at the moment.

The only way to charge my iPhone was to leave it at the front desk which I found inconvenient. Although I was looking forward to having a snack after midnight, room service took over an hour so I had to cancel it.

The car service in the morning was a little unorganized. I booked the house car in the morning but when I got to the front desk there were no bellmen to drive me and no one gave me an estimate of how long it was going to take. I wouldn't mind waiting if at least they had acknowledged I had booked the car and explained to me there was a delay.

Overall it was an average stay. They hotel needs to focus on those basic services that would make anyone's stay flawless.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at W Montréal.
We are sorry to hear the hotel did not meet your expectations and want to apologize for your experience with the Acura service.
However, we are surprised to hear about your other comments. After verification, our Whatever/Whenever service does provide a scale to your room besides the one present in the gym. As for the Iphone charger, all rooms are equipped with Ipod docks that can charge your Iphone or you can borrow one from the Whatever/Whenever service.
For your next stay at W Montréal just dial 0 and our Whatever/Whenever service will provide you with anything you need.

All the best,
Your W Montréal’s Manager.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Starwood has an excellent rewards program, so I recommend signing up for it.

I never stay in hotels this nice or pricey so when cashing in Starwoods Points this was really swanky to me. The room was beautiful, the hotel was very modern and aesthetically appealing, and in a wonderful location where it was easy to get around to most of the sights.

I am just one of those people that believes if I pay more, I should get more. So, if this hotel is double the price of the Omni, I kind of want a free bagel and cup of coffee in the morning - swanky ambiance isn't enough to justify the extra cost. Nothing wrong with the hotel, just the principle of the matter made me knock my rating down to a 4.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked a suite to celebrate a special event so I only spent 24 hrs at the hotel...
Room description:
The room/suite was quite large. The bathroom is pretty spacious with a double sink, a bath tub, a large shower with a cool blue glass that allows you to watch TV while taking a shower and a separate toilet area. The desk/working area was also very spacious. The huge windows combined with the high ceiling made the room look larger and brighter. The mini bar and the snack bar had a nice selection of hard liquor, wine, champagne and snacks.
The king size bed was super comfortable and the last but not least...the room was super clean and I'm very picky with that! Overall...fantastic room that's worth every penny!

2 words to describe the service...pretty impressive!
The entire hotel staff; whether it's the reception staff, the bartender, the restaurant waitress; is trying to offer the clients the best possible experience and they are succeeding! There's no doubt that they're well trained and that they're mission is to wow their clients.

Negatives...yes one unfortunately! I woke up twice by drunk people screaming. My room was all the way at the end of the hallway but it still interrupted my sleep twice. It's unfortunate but I won't blame the hotel for this poor behavior!

Overall, Great choice for business travelers and couples as well (I don't see why not!).
Great location for all travelers

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple