“Very Nice”
Review of W Montreal

W Montreal
Ranked #21 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We had a short stay here back in November, and overall, thought this hotel was very nice! Definitely a very nice hotel.

Pros: Very nice decor, very clean, Bliss bath products, excellent service, Acura service (limited availability though).

Cons: bathroom has an interesting setup so if you are sharing a room, make sure it's with someone you are VERY comfortable with, not great value for cost.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank likestotravel2012

Reviewed March 30, 2011

The staff and service was awesome, and for my wife and I, whom are young, there were 4 bars inside. Great experience!

• Stayed: March 2011
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Who had an amazing experience?!
Thank you for your feddback! We wish to receive you again amongst us for another amazing experience so next time you plan to come back, I am an email away and would be pleased to take care of you and your wife!
Have fun, Your W Montreal Manager.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Usual W Hotel standard. Location is great since it's close to both old and new Montreal. I had a "wonderful" category room and it was a bit to the small side. If you are a light sleeper, make sure you ask for a room far from the Wunder Bar since I could hear music banging till very very late.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Becksman
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This was a hotel I found based on friends and Tripadvisor reviews when I went to Montreal to see my hockey team in action. I haven't done the Canadiens trip in about eight years, however there was an opportunity with free tickets and a friend from work with whom I recently travelled to Las Vegas.

We decided to drive because the weather was pretty clear right along the 401 in Ontario. It took 5 and a half hours at good speed on Friday afternoon to reach the W on Friday night. From check-in, which was a club room, we travelled into the usual areas around the VIc which included an Asian on Gauchetière E. Tasty and pretty good price.

The game was amazing at the Bell Centre....I've been to 10 or 11 Leaf games at the ACC this year, usually on a Saturday and there is NOTHING like the atmosphere at the Bell Centre on a night late in the season.

My friend and I eat differently....she's a part-time vegetarian but was willing to dive into the Sunday morning OTTO buffet. There was enough for her and I found it well worth the price.

The hotel is a little close to old Montreal for winter where the walking around can be tougher. But with the subway close by you can catch the game and fly home Sunday afternoon late to be fresh and ready for the week ahead in Toronto.

Good place, enough nooks available to grab a forbidden smoke and the staff were very, very friendly. And the Habs won!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike640
Reviewed March 15, 2011

My experience at the W hotel was absolutely amazing. The hotel lobby is very modern and inviting and the rooms are absolutely beautiful. Everything in the hotel is combined to create the perfect harmoney of scent, decor and ambiance.
When checking in there was a bit of a hold up during check in. I didnt think much of it, but when I got to the room, I got a call from the manager offering a free bottle of wine because of the wait. I thought that was going above and beyond in giving customer service.

The second floor lounge is also absolutely amazing. The staff are very friendly and very knowledgable. The drinks were delicious. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Customer service is exceptional!

• Stayed: February 2011
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

Who had an amazing experience?
Thank you so much for the fantastic review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that W Montréal is one of the best hotels you ever stayed at. How about contacting me before your next visit so I can ensure another fabulous experience?
Your W Montreal Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2011

I just stayed at the W Montreal hotel and for my first time in the beauitful city, the hotel didn't disappoint. From the moment you step into the hotel, you are surrounded by a very modern, chic, and luxurious atmosphere. The staff are incredibly accomodating and helpful as well.
The rooms were exceptionally lovely with an open concept bathroom that was still comfortable. I was not used to having a simple curtain seperate the bed from the bath, but it was oddly refreshing. Nonetheless, the bed was ordained with spectacular pillows and throws and there was also a lounge chair for reading that was not only beautiful but very comfortable.
Regarding meals, the food was incredible and spoke of high class, which was a welcome change from 3 star hotels. To add to this, the staff were very attentive to our food and drink needs.
The only thing of note was that the hotel is a dimly lit so if that bothers you, it may be something to complain about. However, even this just added to the hotel atmosphere to me.
Fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Our trip to Montreal could have started on a sour note. We had elected to drive and arrived in Montreal well ahead of schedule as a storm had never made an appearance. I contacted the hotel at 9am an hour prior to our arrival and informed them of our expected arrival time. Unfortunately our room was not yet ready but they saved the day by kindly upgrading us to a better Suite. The Extreme WOW Suite is wonderful. Its quite large and easily accommodated the two of us. We had been driving through the night to beat the storm and had arrived exhausted.

Thanks to their thoughtfulness, feeling rested and refreshed we headed to Europea for a tasting menu and brilliant wines. Upon our return our Valet was kind enough to ask if we were heading out later for the night and informed us he would keep the car in front of the hotel for our departure without being asked.

I had bought some Creme Brulee from Gascone and had no spoon but thanks to Whatever/Whenever service we soon found a man at our door with spoons.

These are only some of our experiences at the hotel. The attentive staff and the kind maid who wrote us back a kind note for our note was much appreciated.

From top to bottom the staff at the W Montreal will do ANYTHING to make your stay very pleasant. It was the team that made the W brand so fantastic an experience.

If you have a problem just tell the staff and watch them tackle it whole heartedly.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple