“Nice surprise”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We booked there through Acces Resto and had a good deal of 25% off on the bill.
The restaurant was surprisingly almost empty on a Friday night.

Wine is a little on the expensive side, we ordered a French red wine priced at $50 which turned out to be very good, I don't remember the name though.

We tried out 6 dishes total and shared, and everything was very tasty, the portions were quite okay and the flavours were very varied : mushrooms and chorizo, salmon tartare, etc...

The service was very good as well. If you book through Acces Resto just don't forget to mention that the deal is on the whole bill and not just on food because I had to ask for a revised bill.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alice M

“What a surprise”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Went because of a coupon and turned out to be a winner. I had the cod which was very good but my boyfriend had pork loin with porto sauce which was amazing. What a meal. We're still talking about it. And allow the waitress to surprise you with a cocktail. Turned I had two. Perfect evening after a hard week at the office.
Too full for dessert but we brought them home with us.
Must return

Visited March 2014
1 Thank samantha155032
ottawa
“Their fish saved my life”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had just finished a long walk on Mount Royal Park in what turned out to be solid rain, and was heading down Rachel when I saw this restaurant. I went inside and ordered their daily lunch special for $17, which started with a smooth and rich cauliflower soup-- nothing like I had ever seen in Galicia, but it was still very good. There were several interesting choices on the prix fixe menu, but I went for the sardines stuffed with cornbread-- you can't get anything more Portuguese than this. It was not overcooked, and the stuffing was delicately spiced. A glass of vinho verde for $6 helped it, and I finished with a good espresso.

Service was friendly and helpful, offered in both English and French. If a restaurant can get these basics right, then it deserves a repeat visit.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank elmstrasse
“Very good”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Went with my boyfriend with one of those deal of the day coupons. For our first course we had was a tomato salad and the Portuguese soup. I loved the soup, it was delicious. The salad was also very good although it had some large pieces of garlic in it. It wasn't ideal but my boyfriend is a big garlic lover so he ate his garlic chucks like a champ. Next I had the grilled squid and he had shrimp in romesco sauce. They were both excellent. Third we had pork loins with a port sauce and the sirloin steak in a mustard sauce. We thought it would be a tapas sized portion but they were not. Had we known they full main courses we would have eaten less bread. They were both delicious. For dessert if I recall correctly I had creme caramel with burned caramel on top like a creme brulee and my boyfriend had the Portuguese dessert in a glass. My dessert was very nice and not too sweet but my boyfriend's dessert was so tasty I couldn't get enough of it.

In addition to the delicious food we ate, our waiter was very nice and attentive, and the decor was very nice.

Montreal, Canada
“Who could ask for more”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was craving Portuguese cuisine when a friend suggested the Boca Iberica. Immediately upon entering we were greeted by the smell of good food. The place is modern, warm and inviting.
The menu includes soups, salads, hot and cold tapas, fish and meat prepared in Portuguese or Spanish way. We ordered grilled squid entries as well as the grilled octopus. What a delight. Tender, tasty and cooked to perfection. For the main course we opted for cod Vintage. Beautiful pieces of fish topped with a sauce of olive oil. Sublime.
Prices are average and the service is professional but warm and friendly. So, who could ask for more?
Although I no longer live in Montreal, it will always be a pleasure to come back to eat at Boca Iberica. Well worth the trip and a visit

• Visited November 2013