“Very good, but it's just a shop.”
Review of Divine Chocolatier

Divine Chocolatier
Ranked #3 of 179 Shopping in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Divine Chocolatier's passion for life through chocolate
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Not exactly a destination. The chocolates are made on-site, the people are lovely, the chocolates are lovely, but how much time can you spend in a single shop? Maybe 20 minutes? Fortunately, the area all around is nice to visit. You can walk to the museum of fine arts (has several worthy outdoor art installations you should see). Lots of restaurants and bars in the local area. Overall, I'm very glad we visited this chocolatier, and the area around.

3  Thank Edward H
in 3 reviews
"gifts"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

My experience at Divine Chocolatier was wonderful. From the delicious sweet treats to the amazing customer service, I was truly impressed. They also have an extensive collection of vegan treats which is typically hard to find! Best chocolates and truffles I have ever had! If you're in Montreal, visiting Divine Chocolatier is a must!

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank Sharin M
Reviewed August 15, 2018

My partner was reading about this place on TripAdvisor so we made decision to visit this little lovely shop. When we walked in, we felt the wonderful smell of chocolate. The shop was really very small, but offered a lot of different kind of chocolate of many flavours. The owner was a very kind and charming man and offered us a free sample.

I'm a dog person, so always, when I see, that somewhere dogs are welcome, I'm happy. In front of this shop was prepared a lovely "Woof!" bowl with fresh wather for dogs.

4  Thank PavlaPavla
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

While walking around Montreal on a recent visit, we headed to Crescent street for this place and the Leonard Cohen mural. It is a small shop and really cute. Many types of own chocolate products - pralines and others. However, they are expensive and not as good as leading Swiss / Belgian chocolatiers like Sprungli and Leonidas.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

This is exactly what I was looking for on my last morning in Montreal. An adorable little shop on the picturesque Rue Crescent, Divine Chocolatier sells all types of chocolate products, drinks, ice cream, and macarons. The owner was charming and chatted to me, offering me a free sample as I shopped. I left with some perfect gifts and a yummy iced chocolate drink to sip as I strolled the Golden Square Mile. This shop is located around the corner from the Fine Arts Museum.

Note: this is a small shop, and there are signs everywhere asking you not to carry the chocolate around, as it will melt in your hand. Not the best place for small kids or large groups.

Date of experience: June 2018