“The best high-class doughnuts in Montréal”
Review of Leche Desserts

Leche Desserts
Ranked #18 of 79 Bakeries in Montreal
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Lachine, Quebec, Canada
“The best high-class doughnuts in Montréal”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This café/bakery serves the best doughnuts I have ever tasted. The owner has graduated in pastry from a culinary school and it shows. You can taste the technique in the dough and the filling she prepares. They also serve desserts, breakfast and sandwiches. I will definitely go back.

My top 3:
- Their caramel and chocolate bread pudding
- Their peanut butter and raspberry jam doughnut
- Their milk chocolate mousse doughnut

• Visited March 2014

“Good doughnuts, not *so* special though”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went to this place specifically to try to pastries. I loved the variety of flavors (some rather unusual, like the green tea flavor).

I had the white chocolate and milk chocolate mousse doughnuts. I love that they were neither too sweet nor too bland. The white chocolate one was especially good - they were both fairly small.

I wasn't mind-blown by the experience. Also, 2 doughnuts = over $5. If they hadn't be so overpriced maybe I would have been more positive of the whole experience.

The ambiance is very nice though, too bad that it is located in such a far-removed part of town. Service was great and friendly.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Flamings
MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
“Indulge yourself!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

what a treat! i was surprised with an assortment of doughnuts as my birthday cake.....
we had 6 kinds-tried them all- EXCELLENT.
I then went back and ordered a dozen for our office Christmas party- HUGE HIT
The assortment of flavors is great-different & I can honestly say ,I've tried about 8 of them- ALL DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Treat yourself for any occassion

• Visited December 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Yummy!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great donuts, my favorite by far is the white chocolate mousse. Is soooo good!
You can tell they use fine ingredients, the white chocolate shards are really tasty.
The boston cream is also good, made with dark chocolate on top. It´s far from downtown but if you like high quality products it´s totally worth it.
They also have tables, so you can enjoy your donuts with a fresh cup of coffee.

• Visited January 2014
Montreal, Canada
“A Special Treat”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We heard about this place from a wonderful little webseries called Only In Montreal and thought we would give it a try. We initially went to the location in the Old Port to find that the hours had changed for winter and they were closed when we got there. Now that tourist season is over they close at 4pm and aren't open on weekends at that location.

As such, we made the trek out to the store in St-Henri. It is indeed hard to find and out of the way, but once inside, it's lovely. The staff was super friendly and you can see them preparing all the doughnuts.

Ah yes, the doughnuts... when we got there, there was a very limited selection. I had simple raspberry jam (which may have been my favourite), pistachio creme, and Boston creme. My boyfriend had pistachio as well, and also cooked wine, and white chocolate mousse. We've been back since then and have also had lemon mereingue, Mexican hot chocolate, maple, coconut lime, plum cardamom, and pumpkin pie.

The doughnut base is the same for all of them, and it is phenomenal. Thick, moist, a little chewy, super flavourful, and not too sweet. The dougnuts with fillings are all generously filled and the fillings are excellent and again, not too sweet. When you compare the filled ones to the unfilled ones, the ones without filling come off as a little disappointing. From what I've had, I would tend to go for filled doughnuts with not too much going on on top. What I mean by that is that the doughnuts with major toppings like chocolate curls or big piles of meringue are a bit too much, the topping overpowering the filling, making the whole thing a little too sweet (white chocolate mousse, lemon meringue). Definitely try what tickles your fancy, but simple toppings with a nice filling are, in my opinion, guaranteed winners.

They are expensive ($2.50each, $13/half dozen, $24/dozen at the St-Henri shop, more at the Old Port) but these aren't your Tim Horton's doughnuts. They are bursting with flavour, made with quality ingredients, and have a nice selection of classic and unique flavours.

I would definitely suggest giving them a try as a special treat. I know that if my wallet and waistline could handle it, I would want to have one every day.

Raspberry - simple, great raspberry flavour, not too sweet, very good

Boston creme - very good, but filling overpowered by the dark chocolate curls on top

Cooked wine - straight forward and how cooked wine should taste

White chocolate mousse - white chocolate curls made this very sweet, good filling

Pistachio creme - good pistachio flavour, not too sweet

Mexican hot chocolate - quite a lot of heat, hard to finish

Pumpkin pie - a small slice of pumpkin pie and cream on top, but nothing inside, a little sad

Lemon meringue - something seemed off to me with the flavour of the filling, too much meringue which made it difficult to eat and finish.

Maple - really hoping we got the wrong doughnut by mistake, this had zero maple taste

Lime coconut - covered in flaked coconut and lime zest, very nice

• Visited December 2013