“Ok”

Ranked #5 of 111 Coffee & Tea in Montreal
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Montreal
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The place is nicely decorated. It's small but cozy and it sells some interesting items. I got some pastries and drinks.

The drinks: I got mint iced tea. It did not taste minty at all. It was just like having weak and cold tea. My friend got raspberry lemonade which had no lemon flavour. So it's a fail for the drinks.

The pastries: I'd heard that the Beurreo (which is a twist on an Oreo cookie) was a must. So I ordered it along with some other pastries to bring to a friend. The icing in the Beurreo was good; buttery as expected. The problem are the cookies. The two cookies are too tick. Hence the ratio cookie vs icing is not well proportioned. Since the cookies do not have a great taste to them, the treat ends up not tasting that good. I actually removed one of the cookies and it was better. The other pastries were ok, but the girl did not get my roder correctly. Of course, I only saw it when I opened the box at my friend's house.

I'm glad I tried it but I will not be going back. I love desserts but they have to be worth the calories... and the money. I really wanted to love it because it looked so good!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank supernovea

canada
“exquisite treats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Some of the best treats in Montreal. baked daily and fresh. cozy little place in Old Montreal. Family own business that will make you feel welcomed.
cheers!!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank DJqc
Montreal, Canada
“Not bad but would not go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was there for afternoon tea with 4 of my friends. Tea was really good, but was not impressed with the selection of pastry bites.

Everything seemed overly sugary. I know they were macaroons & cupcakes, but just seemed like you could feel the grains of sugar in between your teeth. The peach & chocolate dough balls were not good either (not one of the 5 girls liked them).

Service was ordinary as well. The girl working there did not smile once and definitely seemed like she would have liked to be elsewhere that day. She was not rude or anything, just not welcoming at all.

Apart from that I would say the ambiance was good. Music was good and it is a small and cozy place.

Like I said, it was ok, but I would not go back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Emily B
Toronto, Canada
“a treat for the tastebuds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic pastries, very good coffee and a very unusual tea which I was allowed to smell before tasting.

Blueberry and coconut scone was delicious. My wife had a vanilla caramel cake, and the icing was wonderful unlike any we have tasted in Canada so far.

Recommend very heavily, small but perfect

Visited December 2013
3 Thank stuart h
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uhm, title says it all!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hot chocolate was excellent, (twice: once seated and once to go) same for the sweet pastries and the cookies- creative surprises!

Visited October 2013