“Great food, fantastic host”

Chez Maxim Oriental
Ranked #279 of 5,854 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I ate in the restaurant last night with my friend and we were greeted at the door by a lovely, friendly host. He was so warm and welcoming, asking us questions about our holiday and made us feel at home. After the meal, he chatted to us again. Thank you for making us feel so welcome and for fun conversations.
The food was great too, the waitress helped us order the right amount of food. It came quickly as was delicious.

Thank you for a great meal.

4  Thank Hannah S
There are newer reviews for Chez Maxim Oriental

Reviewed August 6, 2013

we enjoyed the food there, portions are huge (there was only 2 of us). everything was fresh, hot and delicious.

3  Thank Ann K
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My first visit to Chez Maxim last weekend won't be my last!
We had a family reunion there. We're all Chinese-Canadians and everybody enjoyed the dinner.
The decor is elegant and white.

3  Thank Ron W
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family has been to Maxim's twice and the foods were good. As we are asian, we always eat at quartier chinois which means, to a lot of restaurants there. Maxim just opened and we went. First time, it was great, the service was very good, the lady serving us talked chinese and vietnamese, which my parents very liked. The foods were hot but lack a little taste. But still, it's great for people who doesn't like too much oil or strong tastes. The pekin duck is recommended, it very good and come in two plate, worth the price of 48$. This is not the best restaurant in montreal china town but the decoration, the huge space (most restaurants in our chinatown is very small) , the service and the waiting time worth Maxim 4 stars for me.

2  Thank Nora_2222
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We found the food pretty bland. Ordered Chinese broccoli which was good. Clams in black bean sauce were very good. Chicken with noodles and cashew chicken were nothing special. No hot chili oil! Huge problem for me. All in all, have had much better back home in Dallas for much less. If you happen to be in the area, may be worth a trip. Don't make a special effort.