“Great place”

Ranked #18 of 157 Coffee & Tea in Montreal
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Come and join us in our charming and cozy gallery cafe, just a few blocks away from the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. Here, you can read books, mix and match your own tea, listen to music and enjoy the gallery. The cafe is all about exquisite food and drinks, music and art and believe it or not, you can even find vintage and Lomo cameras and learn how to take photos! Cafe Aunja is a perfect hideaway for a relaxing drink and quick meal to linger over. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great experience :-) I totally recommend this place.... A must visit. I have gone there for a couple of times and I enjoyed everything I ordered.

3  Thank savizmo

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Attention to details was impressive compare to other cafe shop in town, you feel how much time and attention they spend on their breakfast. staffs were really nice and polite.
The best think about it is that you can spend all the morning there and enjoy the great atmosphere which no place can give it to you and in the same time enjoy having very nice breakfast.
Finally, the first place I will go when I came back in Montreal would be here.

2  Thank Mohmasoumi
Reviewed November 7, 2013

One of the reasons to go for a Cafe specially in the city like Montreal with hundreds or thousands of Coffee-shops, bars, pubs and... is being unique, and Aunja is the one, it's unique and fabulous and it means more when you it's in Montreal, located next to the Museum of Fines art in famous street of Sherbrooke west you smell, feel and see Persian culture in a very delicate, post-modern 21st century design. It's run by some young Iranian folks, great job and well done, they converted a regular basement style shop to a calm, relaxing and awesome Cafe, Take herbal teas or their breakfast or try their soup, all are great, prices are reasonable and guys please you with their manner and Persian hospitality. I'm quiet sure it will be one of the heats in Montreal very soon.

7  Thank Jaymzad
Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you want to study, hang out with your friends, have a cup of tea and sit in a comfy chair and read your favourite book, I highly recommend this Cafe.
From the first moments you enter this place you will definitely fall in love with the vintage vibe of the place and all the cute little details.The dangling lightbulbs, analog cameras, cute cups and teapots, the sewing machine, gramophone ,... .
The food is delicious. Their "mix and match" tea selection is very unique. They have all kinds of teas and dried fruits to mix and match your very own special tea that suits your taste. They also have a variety of home-made cakes and sweets. All these aside, I have to say my favourite is their hot version of chocolate milk which is very hard to find.
Be sure to check their calendar as they have all sorts of events.
It feels just like home, even better.

3  Thank Saboolix
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The place is AWESOME!! I love it more than any place in Montreal. I feel comfortable and relaxed whenever I am at Cafe Aunja. The owners are so friendly, when you enter the place they smile at you and during their service they behave as if you are at one of your best friend's place. They have a creative choice of mix and match that you can mix any kind of tea with additives of your choice! I love to seat there for hours and hours and read books they have on their amazing bookshelf or talk to a friend in a cozy environment. I love this place and it's my first choice whenever I want to feel at home in the heart of downtown while not going home!

3  Thank Atefe R