“Fresh, flavourful Peruvian fare”
Review of Le Coin Urbain

Neighborhood: Outremont
Cross street: Parc
Transit: Autobus 160, autobus 80
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We regularly eat at this restaurant and we are happy with our experience every time! Ceviche is fresh and it melts in your mouth; all the plates are full of flavour. Pisco sour is good and quite inexpensive. After a few visits we stopped looking at the menu and started asking the chef to pick a meal for us because we know that he is going to make something delicious each time. Usually I go with my husband/friends, but last week I took my parents and my young sister - and they loved it. Definitely more of a couple/friends atmosphere, but you can bring family, as well. Service is a bit slower than average, but preparing quality food takes time - it's worth the wait!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant on September 27. We purchased a coupon that entitled us to 4 tapas, one appetizer and $10 discount on a bottle of wine. All this for $33. We typically use the coupons to discover new restaurant. And if we like it, we go back (without the coupons). And we will definitely go back to this restaurant.

The cuisine served in this restaurant is excellent, outstanding. You need to have the scallop ceviche. The ceviche served at this restaurant brings back memories of ceviche that you have in vacations down south in the Caribbean Island.

Since the restaurant is not very large, reservations are a must. One of the best restaurants in Montreal.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went with a friend of mine and we had a great time. I used to live in Miami where I became acquainted with Peruvian food. I love raw fish tapas. This is the only Peruvian place that I've tried (or know of) in Montreal. I purchased a coupon special which for $33 included 4 dishes, 1 side, 1 dessert and $10 off a bottle of wine. On balance the dishes were an excellent value, compared with other restaurants that specialize in seafood say..Le Filet (probably my favorite seafood restaurant in Montreal). Most notably, I really enjoyed the scallop ceviche which was really a very generous portion and very tasty. I also loved the generously portioned charred octopus. I also was impressed with the spiciness of our tiradito dish which we asked for to be authentic spicy. What was odd about the tiradito dish was that there was a lot less fish than in the scallop ceviche. There was plenty of dip from imported olives for our yucca fries and our server even offered us another dip to sample. My suggestions would be to expand the types of fish in the raw appetizers (I do realize that this is not NYC...) and to expand the range of flavors. Of the four dishes that we tried, highlight was on the fresh seafood plus traditional accents of lime, aji amarillo etc. By the last one I might have wanted for the flavors to contrast a bit more. My favorite restaurant specializing in tiraditos+ has been Sushi Samba (Peruvian+Japanese+Brazilian) which has restaurants in NYC and Miami+. Is this place better than Sushi Samba? It's quite different... Le coin urbain is more authentic/ traditional Peruvian I suppose in an intimate cozy atmosphere. Wait times between dishes were perfectly timed. Service was excellent. Bottom line, I enjoyed this place a lot.

1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Probably the best Peruvian restaurant in Montreal! Great service, The chef is gonna make you fly to Peru with his creations.
Don't miss this restaurant when you're in town!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Dinner at this Peruvian restaurant was a follow-up to a Peruvian exhibit at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. We had purchased vouchers through a coupon website and they turned out to be an outstanding deal. We were a group of 9 and although we were at two different tables (side by side) we all received our food at the same time. Our coupons were for the fixed tapas menu which provided enough choice for all. Service was excellent as well as just friendly enough (not too much).

This is a fairly new restaurant and would recommend.