“Bustling Trendy Place with Good Beer & Meat”

Bistro-Brasserie Les Soeurs Grises
Ranked #384 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Toronto, Canada
“Bustling Trendy Place with Good Beer & Meat”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Trendy bar/restaurant in the Old Port with a friendly young vibe. We sat at the bar for dinner and the bartenders were very attentive and friendly. The decor is cool with a large bar and seating for diners. The beers are made in-house and were good. For food, I recommend the deer sloppy joe sliders, ribs and pulled pork sandwich. The only disappointment were the side dishes: undercooked potatoes in potato salad and roasted potatoes were basic/bland. For dessert, very good bacon brownie topped with chocolate mousse...although we could not taste the bacon.

• Visited April 2013

Sainte-Julie, Canada
“Best in town beer, good food (depending what you take)”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my second review (you cannot edit previous review in trip advisor). I have return with my friend and i would like to add some insights about that place.

I have sample, the "Osterichia" (i am not sure of that name) rousse, wich was good. We finish the barrel though, i am not sure they will have it again. It was replaced by another rousse...

Then i have tasted the "Don Juan", a double with lots of malt and a very aromatique "bouquet". One of the best beer i have tasted in my life ! Malty but not too much, no aftertaste, perfect!

Then i took "LA GADOUE" even though i am not a fan of white beer and pepper. This beer is refreshing even if it contains alot of malt. It does not taste pepper at all not even white beer. What a surprise, again one of the best beer i have tasted in my life !

For diner i was cautious, since last time the baby back ribs tasted very good but was mediocre in tenderness (hard as wood). I picked the pulled pork sandwich. Bread was cooked to the perfection (hot crispy crust and tender crumb) and the pulled pork was very tender and tasty. A very good sandwich ! My friend took the european hot dog and was very satisfied with it.

To sum in all up, this is one of the best best in Montreal area for beer (in my top 3) and a good place to eat, if you stay away from the baby back ribs (unless you like them with the texture of a beef jerky).

I will definitivly return there with my beer lovers friends :)

• Visited April 2013
Sainte-Julie
“Great beer but average food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went there with a friends before a show.

It was a wednesday at 18h. The place got a trendy decoration. Most of clients are between 20 and 30.

We only taste a beer each, but both were very good. I will surely come backto taste them all.

But the food was very average. I took baby back ribs. Although the taste was good, the meat was the hardest i ever taste. Baby back ribs should almost melt into your mouth. Very disapointing. I will never take those again there.

My friend ordered a sandwich and it was ok. Note that the plate used to serve the sandwich is a inch thick slice of a log with bark still present. I didn't bother but some people may worried about the hygenic of that "original" plate.

Overall, i will surely go there again for the beer, but i will be very carefull about my food choice,

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Beer but Very Loud & Mediocre Food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I loved their home brew called La Camille I think. The place was extremely loud (ambient noise). I had a great night but lost my voice from yelling at my friends all night (over the noise). The food was OK but not mind blowing. I had a pretty good grilled cheese with chorizo on it.

Visited March 2013
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food was very bland. Dessert was served on a plank of wood and it tasted like onions. Very disappoiting! Waitress had attitude. Will not be back