“Coffee Served with Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating
Toronto, Canada
“Coffee Served with Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I visited Montreal on the weekend on personal business and decided to have my Coffee beverage experience at an independent Cafe and forego visiting any of the National Name Brand Coffee houses. What a wonderful experience it turned out to be. Decided to visit an un-pretentious independent store named the Mate Latte - Cafe & Bistro located at 5837 Sherbrooke Street West, NDG, Montreal. What a wonderful experience it turned out to be. Terrific tasking coffee to boot. Amazing and exceptional level of service by Andrea the Manager and her staff. After ordering my coffee and two mixed fruit muffins, I was invited to have a seat and told my coffee and muffins would be brought over to my table. Having made myself comfortable with a newspaper, I relished the tasty muffins and before I had completed my review of the news, I was supplied with two coffee refills. That was a revelation and type of service not typically found in cafes and bistros. I observed that the other guests were being treated in the same manner. A mother and her two young children were having a delightful time completing an art project a couple of tables over. Their space and table were quickly swept of all debris and made clean right after they departed, and the space was occupied by two eager guests a few minutes later. The breakfast and brunch seekers in situ were at various stages with their meals with the patter of conversation adding to the ambience, while the more studious types were pecking away at their laptops and partaking of their favourite brew and munching on the edibles. The cousine includes a selection of specially made sandwiches, empanadas, salads, muffins and grilled meats. The Manager a very personable lady by the name of Andrea confessed to me when I asked, that her mother was the brains behind the operation and chef of the delightful offerings on the menu. This emporium offers not just good food and excellent coffee, but garnishes the experience with exceptional service. Smiles are plentiful and free. I fell in love with the place and dropped in again the following day to have a cup of coffee before my departure from Montreal. You can bet that on my next visit to LaBelle province, I will visit Mate Latte to savour the coffee and partake of the food offerings.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KarlH72

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Low-Luxury never tasted so good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Caviar, Dom Perignon, Lobster. None of these hold a candle to the freshly squeeezed Orange Jus (squeezed from the orange into your glass), the Canned Peaches on waffle, with homemade whipped cream and real maple syrop or the breakfast croissant with extra ham, or the homemade Home Fries with Dill Tzatzki. All together for a fraction the price of any of the "luxury" items listed above.

I mean, liquid sunshine in a glass for $ 4.00? We're going back for more Lo-Lux; eating at Mate Latte is like going to a spa for our mouths. And tummies. :)

• Visited March 2013