“One word: horrible”

Cuisines: Mexican
Montreal
“One word: horrible”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Horrible restaurant in terms of service and food!

My wife and I initially tried this restaurant for take out. The food was horrible (no flavour, dry, etc). We decided to give it a second chance under the assumption that their in-restaurant service would be better. Huge mistake:

1. No one greeted us or showed us to our table. We basically sat ourselves down;
2. I received a menu entirely in Spanish. This made it kind of difficult to figure out what was what;
3. My wife order a chicken dish ( flontas). Ten minutes after ordering, the waitress came back and told us that they were out of chicken. It was 8 pm on a Saturday night and they were out of chicken?!?
4. My wife does not eat pork or beef, which were the only other non-chicken meats on the menu. The waitress suggested she order chicken fajitas in that case. But we were just told that they were out of chicken. We will get to that mystery shortly.
5. I ordered beef enchiladas. Two minutes after receiving my plate, the waitress told me that she thinks that the cook forgot to put the meat in my dish. I checked and she was right. Why would you serve me the plate if you knew it wasn't right??
6. My wife's "chicken" fajitas arrived. One bite and she knew it was tofu disguised as chicken. I tasted it and confirmed that it was tofu.
7. To top it off, the tortillas tasted a day old. They were dry and hard.

I've had better Mexican food at Taco Bell!

It's very sad because I am for encouraging small local restaurants

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Donnie_Man

Montreal, Canada
“The only authentic restaurant I have found near Montreal. Fabulous!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I found this restaurant by accident.
I was visiting a friend in Ville St-Laurent and stumbled upon it.

I was really not expecting find such a treat!

As I started to read the menu, (The menu is in Spanish and French only) it became clear that this restaurant was 100% authentic Mexican food. There were things on the menu that no other Mexican restaurant in Montreal would dare to put on theirs.

I ordered a small portion of Pancita "menudo" - a tripe delicacy which in fact is a poor man's treat that you would find at any small local Mexican restaurant while traveling. I certainly did not expect to find it on this menu. I was delightfully surprised at the explosion of tastes from this hearty tomato and chili based soup.

I also ordered a small portion of guacamole. It was not your typical "Canadianized" version of the side dish. It was chock full of Spanish onion, tomatoes and one of my favourite spices - cilantro. Freshly made with a squeeze of lemon and smothered in avocado. This was served with freshly made tortilla chips. I was so impressed by this dish that I ended up ordering another portion to take out!

The dishes were very reasonably priced and came with 6 different types of condiments, including red chili sauce, green chili sauce, spicy coleslaw, cilantro and onions. The soup came with a basket of warm tortillas wrapped in a towel so that they don't dry out during your meal. So charming. I forgot I was in Canada.

This is a casual restaurant with a family feel to it. Definitely worth a try.

I can't wait to go back to try everything on the menu!

• Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
“decent first time try”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went on the night beifore Valentines , to avoid crowds and get better service as most restaurants on Valentines leave a lot to be desired. We had a single serving of gucamole, creamy rich texture and fresh chips. For dinner I had the beef fajitas and my husband had the chicken fajitas, Each was served with rich and salad. The condiments are the side were excellent, from mild to spicy. The chciken was tender but the beef was a bit dry. The only type of beer available is Corona. On certain nights the have music and karoke. Parking is accessible ( either paid meter in front or free around the corner). We will go back and see a karoke night,
It may hold 40 people and that is it.Give it a try