“The only authentic restaurant I have found near Montreal. Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Iguanas Ranas

Iguanas Ranas
Ranked #3,388 of 5,670 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Mexican
Montreal, Canada
“The only authentic restaurant I have found near Montreal. Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I found this restaurant by accident.
I was visiting a friend in Ville St-Laurent and stumbled upon it.

I was really not expecting find such a treat!

As I started to read the menu, (The menu is in Spanish and French only) it became clear that this restaurant was 100% authentic Mexican food. There were things on the menu that no other Mexican restaurant in Montreal would dare to put on theirs.

I ordered a small portion of Pancita "menudo" - a tripe delicacy which in fact is a poor man's treat that you would find at any small local Mexican restaurant while traveling. I certainly did not expect to find it on this menu. I was delightfully surprised at the explosion of tastes from this hearty tomato and chili based soup.

I also ordered a small portion of guacamole. It was not your typical "Canadianized" version of the side dish. It was chock full of Spanish onion, tomatoes and one of my favourite spices - cilantro. Freshly made with a squeeze of lemon and smothered in avocado. This was served with freshly made tortilla chips. I was so impressed by this dish that I ended up ordering another portion to take out!

The dishes were very reasonably priced and came with 6 different types of condiments, including red chili sauce, green chili sauce, spicy coleslaw, cilantro and onions. The soup came with a basket of warm tortillas wrapped in a towel so that they don't dry out during your meal. So charming. I forgot I was in Canada.

This is a casual restaurant with a family feel to it. Definitely worth a try.

I can't wait to go back to try everything on the menu!

• Visited July 2013

Montreal, Canada
“decent first time try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went on the night beifore Valentines , to avoid crowds and get better service as most restaurants on Valentines leave a lot to be desired. We had a single serving of gucamole, creamy rich texture and fresh chips. For dinner I had the beef fajitas and my husband had the chicken fajitas, Each was served with rich and salad. The condiments are the side were excellent, from mild to spicy. The chciken was tender but the beef was a bit dry. The only type of beer available is Corona. On certain nights the have music and karoke. Parking is accessible ( either paid meter in front or free around the corner). We will go back and see a karoke night,
It may hold 40 people and that is it.Give it a try