“Great noodles in Montreal”
Review of Nudo

Nudo
Ranked #469 of 6,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Visiting from Massachusetts. When you enter, you see a couple of chefs preparing and creating the noodles which go into most of their meals. Soups were great. So were the "dry" noodles, meaning they weren't in soup but were far from dry. The prices are ridiculously low. Atmosphere is sketchy but if you want to eat well and share the time with good company, then atmosphere doesn't really matter, does it?

Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

How can you not eat at a place that makes their own noodles? That brought us in but it was the broth and braised beef that really made us happy! The scallion pancakes might very well be the best I’ve ever had and the garlic chive pork potstickers were delightful. Prices were reasonable. We’ll be back.

Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

Came in here on Christmas and we were seated fairly promptly but then we waited. We had originally stopped in to Nouilles down the street but it was so packed we came to Nudo instead. Nudo was really busy and didn't have enough menus for everyone. So we waited. Once we got our menus we had to wait to order. More waiting. It seemed that everyone was in the same boat as us, so it wasn't too frustrating - at least it wasn’t just us. One person at a different table did leave, get a boba tea and bun, and then return and eat it while waiting.
We found that once we ordered though, the food came out quick. I got the sesame chicken noodle, my husband a beef noodle soup, and chicken dumplings to share.
The dumplings weren’t any good. Don't order them. Some tasted like nothing, others had at least some flavor (but that flavor was minimal at best). Clearly the chicken mince hadn't been properly mixed. Either way, even the dumplings that had flavor, weren't very good.
My husband and I both loved what I ordered. The sesame chicken had a peanut butter sauce flavor and I loved it. The beef soup was okay. I'm sure it's good enough, but in comparison to the sesame chicken - it didn't stand a chance.
Not sure if I’ll return the next time I’m in Montreal - there are so many other highly rated options, I probably won’t.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

An interesting menu, with several somewhat unique (and very affordable) appetizer options. Great noodles, generous portions. Easy to miss it: you have to go down some stairs from street-level. If you're in Chinatown/downtown, it's hard to go wrong here!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

You won't find a better noodle soup, trust me. Gives Australia a good run for its money, one of the best noodle soups I've ever had!!

The decor is a little eh, but do not let that deter you because you will have the most satisfying meal at the most reasonable price!

Service is fantastic as well.

Pictured is the pulled chicken noodle soup - HIGHLY recommend. You get good quality chicken as well, tender and juicy.

The broth is light but full of flavour - not just salty noodle water. I loved it! I will always return here if I am ever back in Montreal!

Date of visit: September 2018