“Great apartment and location!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
ellen_m_m...
Montreal, Canada
“Great apartment and location!”
Reviewed October 16, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Adriana was an amazing host, very helpful and accommodating.The apartment was wonderfully located, next to Saint Laurent street, walking distance to Old Port and St. Catherine street. Super clean with all of the amenities needed for a week long stay in the city.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bremen

Reviewed September 1, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway
dont15494...
Vancouver, Canada
“terrible experience with owner with regards to getting damage deposit.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

terrible experience with owner getting damage deposit back. the suite has inexpensive furniture and on my last day I went to sit on one of the kitchen chairs and the legs completely bent under me. I am a small women so wasnt putting a lot of weight on it. the chair had also not been used the whole week I was there so I know I didnt break it. I am lucky I didnt hurt myself when I fell over. the owner would not give back my full deposit which I feel was really unfair. she said she had to buy 4 more chairs. in my research this does not happen. a tenant is not charged with wear and tear on furniture. if the quality of furniture had been better this would not have happened. I am not impressed by how the owner does business.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 25, 2013
I just wanted to say thank so much for giving the opportunity to respond to your comment. I truly value the opinions of my guests.

I believe that your comment could indeed help out other tenants to clarify and understand their responsibilities and obligations with respect to the security deposit when they are renting a furnished short-term condo. It is important to keep in mind that a security deposit is an amount above and beyond the total rental fees and is viewed as insurance in case damages are incurred during a guest's stay.

It seems that this particular guest that I had was most probably unaware of Flipkey's terms and conditions which are clear that if any damages are incurred during a stay, that the guest shall be responsible to a certain extent. For instance if the heater stops working it is not the guest's responsibility to have it fixed. However, in the event of damages to furniture, like as it happened in this case (a chair) the security deposit will cover the costs to fix or replace it.

I would like to ensure you that the condo is in an immaculate condition. It is thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to renting it to any guest, as it was rightfully done with this guest. No damage was noted when the property was handed over to her.

On the last day of this particular guest's weekly stay, she had written to me, complimenting me on the wonderful stay and the lovely place that she found to stay in Montreal, and at the same time she informed me that one of the chairs had just broken. I replied to her email advising her that there is a cost associated with the damage to furniture in the apartment and this cost will be reduced from the security deposit. The total amount that was charged for this damage was $79.99 + taxes even though it costed me more as I had to replace all the 4 chairs. I also forwarded her a photo that illustrated the replaced chairs.

I am sorry that she felt the need to personally attack me about this issue, rather than describing the apartment as it was and the wonderful time in Montreal or the fact that I allowed her to have a later check out without any extra charges. This is life, and I guess we all learn from different situations.
Montreal
Reviewed March 18, 2013 for a stay in August 2012

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing