“Nice lunch on the terrasse”
Review of Grinder

Grinder
Reserve with OpenTable
Grinder is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went for lunch with a friend. We had foie gras sliders to start. Very good but too expensive for the quantity we got (15$ for about 3 bites). Then I had the duck tartare. Good but not amazing. She had the beef bavette - good, but the potatoes were even better. I really liked the dessert (raspberry and creme fraiche clafouti). The terrasse is very nice and the ambiance inside looks great for the evening too. Very similar with ''Le Hachoir''. I would like to go back at night to try out the oysters and seafood. Overall cool place.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food was excellent. Everything was perfectly cooked and very well seasoned. I had the veal chop and my husband had the beef short ribs. I get very grumpy when my meat is over cooked however my veal was perfect! Everything from appetizers to dessert was delicious. Oh and service was great and very efficient.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We thought that after our first visit which was a few weeks after opening, we should give it another chance a few months later. Same mediocre food and service. The decor is uber cool and the patio beautiful. Humming vibe but its a restaurant and on the basics, it sucks. There are a few good dishes but a party of 4 or more isn't going to bat .500.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had made this reservation about 5 weeks ago. I was all excited because every time I walk by this place, it's packed! So finally the night came and me and two of my girlfriends went.
Our reservation was for 21h00 on a Saturday night. It took them until 21h30 to seat us. We were placed by the bar where there were three empty seats, but we were told to stand because they were reserved. These seats remained empty until we got seated. Kind of annoying!
Finally when we got our table, it took about 1 hour to get our food. We ordered a few different things to share - oyster, duck tartare, tuna capaccio, and scallop tatakis. One of my friends ordered a steak. For whatever reason, the cooked food came first. Then the oysters and then everything else... All at once.
The tuna capaccio and the scallop tatakis were pretty good. The duck tartare had no flavour. The portions were kind of small too.
Overall, the experience was kind of disappointing. Our waitress was really sweet and the bar man bought us a shot to apologize for the long wait, but overall them seem totally disorganized. However, the atmosphere is really fun. The people are 25 to 35 years old and generally good looking / well dressed. I would maybe go back for a lunch or something to see if it improves, but I don't think it's worth the hype.

1  Thank Sara K
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The restaurant was good, had a beef tartar very well made, fries are delicious. However, the ladies were always rushing and not paying attention to the needs of a customer.