“Perfect Valentine Date Place!”
Review of Poutineville

Poutineville
Ranked #78 of 5,996 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Description: Bienvenue chez Poutineville / Welcome to PoutinevilleLa place où vous pourrez créer votre propre Poutine Gastronomique à votre façon avec nos pommes de terre maison, écrasées, juliennes ou douces, Venez nous voir ! Choisissez parmi nos excellentes poutines haut de gamme et novatrices.Come and create your own Poutine from a list of fantastic and fresh ingredients or choose from our chef's specialties.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our poutine cravings are always satiated at Poutineville. Go for a Valentine date, for dinner, after a long bike ride... just go! What you will get: perfectly fried potatoes with an assortment of toppings - create your own custom poutine or order from the menu. Perfect for vegetarians and carnivores!
You must try: the fried pickles, espresso martini, sweet potato or crushed potato poutine!! Love this place!

Poutineville, Public Relations Manager at Poutineville, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

We like to think that poutine is great for any occasion! Thanks for stopping by, we hope to serve you again soon! :)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We've been to a few places that serve poutine and this is simply the best. The 'a la carte' option of building your own poutine from a large number of ingredients is fantastic, and the 'menu' options are good too. The 'smashed potato' option is now our preference for poutine and makes a great dish simply fantastic.
The restaurant isn't stunningly attractive but it is very pleasant, particularly for this type of restaurant - functional, clean and tidy. The staff are friendly and the service is quite quick even when busy.
All round a great experience with great food.

The crushed potatoes is definitely a crowd favourite! Thanks for stopping by!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had a group of 11 that spontaneously decided to go for poutine on a Friday night. Knowing that the other famous Montreal poutine establishment would require a long wait in line we decided to try and make a reservation at Poutineville since most had not tried it before. They were very accommodating and had no trouble getting our reservation on short notice. It was packed when we arrived, but our table was ready right on time and the waitresses did a fine job taking care of everyone. So much better than standing in line while you're hungry for poutine!

They had three options of fries (regular, sweet potato, or mashed). I had never tried a mashed potato poutine so I went with that. I picked La Bouche en Feu (mouth on fire) from the menu (though they also had an à la carte menu which was cool). This poutine had a spicy gravy and hot peppers and was topped with a couple spicy chicken wings. The wings were delicious and the spice did not disappoint (I do not recommended if you aren't serious about your spicy food!). We traded poutines and I also tried the one with fetta and gyro meat, which was interesting, but not my favorite; the filet mignon, which was very tasty; and of course the standard Montréalais which was right on point with the other fine versions I've tried around Montréal.

I will definitely come back and would recommend it to anyone looking to have a high quality poutine (especially if you are having a large group. Maybe next time we will have the courage to order the 15 lb "Heart Attack" poutine...

Thanks for stopping by! Bring the boys net time and try to tackle our 15 lbs behemoth "The Heart Attack" poutine! See you soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was the place I went to have my very first 'authentic' poutine in Quebec. I have to say that there were so many choices for the toppings that I was overwhelmed, but not in a bad way.

When my HUGE poutine arrived I dove right it, but it was so big that I was not able to finish it.

I know many people that go there for a late night eat after spending their Friday or Saturday night out at the bar. It's the perfect place for a late night snack...for lack of a better word.

I can't wait to go back.... great... now I'm hungry.

Poutineville S, Public Relations Manager at Poutineville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thanks for stopping by, we're glad we were your first poutine experience! Hope to see you soon… Bon appoutine! ;)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a fast food chain with a nicer "decor" that makes you think you are in a restaurant. This is the second time I eat at Poutineville, but it is the first time I go to this one at 1365 Ontario East. The decor is nice and the light is warm. The first time (at Beaubien) I took a poutine from the menu at $13 and all was very good. This second time I was with friends who decided to order custom poutines by ticking choices on the paper they provide for this. So I did like them. I made mine exactly like the one I liked on the menu, I only made a cheaper choice on the meat... thinking I would try something new and save a little dollar. I was wrong. I should have calculated and I didn't. Only when I go the bill I realized that I was scammed. BEWARE: the poutines on the menu are cheaper than if you order the same ones "customized"... Mine was $15.5 instead of $13 for exactly the same one... I explained this to the waitress once. She looked at me like as if I was an alien from space. I explained again three time very slowly (!) and she pretended not to understand. I was very clear. She was obviously playing dumb. She called the other waitress who seemed to be the manager (?) and she understood quickly. But she also played dumb, pretending she had never realized this before! She - the manager - was learning this news from me. This looked very surreal. And once the information got to her brain, she did nothing about it. Almost like "haha i guess you have been scammed like an idiot, that's too bad for you"... I can totally understand that custom orders are more expensive than the ones on the menu - it is a marketing choice - but I don't understand how the staff ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS. It seems to me they should know about and even advise their customers accordingly! I did not appreciate how they plaid dumb with me, forcing me to repeat my demonstration 5 times altogether. And of course - once they understood my perfect English - how they did not offer to adjust the price. Even if the food at Poutineville is a little better than McDonald's or Burger King, this place is a fast food chain managed by staff who are pure robots with no souls and empty eyes. I don't know if I will eat at this fast food chain again but I am sure I will never come back to this place in particular.

Poutineville S, Public Relations Manager at Poutineville, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hi there! We're sorry you feel this way. Our dishes are priced according to portion of each topping and size of each poutine. We invite you to order your poutine in the most cost effective way that suits you! If our manager who was on duty was not aware of this, then we apologize on their behalf. .. "Zombies" are often hard to control! :) Hope to see you soon!