“Enjoyable W/E Brunch-great young Leadership”
Review of Prohibition Bistro - MOVED

Prohibition Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Enjoyable W/E Brunch-great young Leadership”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a fun, young place to enjoy and support. Mostly young multi-ethnic clientelle, with babies to seniors as well. We dropped in on a Saturday around 1;45, and had to wait for a couple of minutes. This left enough time to review interesting creative menu Service was very friendly. Great option for a late lunch during week as well. Good interesting plate combos.

Victoria, Canada
“Incredible Brunch”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went to Prohibition for brunch based off of the suggestion of a colleague and I am very glad that I did. We made reservations, and I would highly recommend doing the same for a weekend brunch. That being said, while the restaurant is small it is well managed and it didn't seem like people had to wait long for tables. We had looked at the menu online before hand and generally knew what we were going to order as soon as we sat down, but started to doubt our predetermined choices as we saw the meals of those tables beside us being brought out. Everything looked absolutely amazing. In the end we settled on the french toast and fried chicken and the Bulgarian Benedict. The Bulgarian Benedict was heaven for garlic lovers. Definitely a savoury dish and definitely rich in garlic and feta flavour. The french toast and fried chicken was off the charts amazing; such a delicious Canadian take on chicken and waffles. The fried chicken was perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. Match that with the soft yet crispy maple challah French toast and this was a brunch that dreams are made of. The server was friendly and helpful and didn't push us to finish as some places with line ups tend to do. Overall, a great brunch experience and I cannot wait to go back and try everything else on the menu. Highly recommended!

“Amazing Brunch!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Prohibition today for brunch and my husband and I agree we found our favorite breakfast/brunch place in Montreal!

The restaurant itself was nothing special if not a bit too overcrowded but the food was to die for!

My husband had the french toast with fried chicken and gave it a 10/10 (and he doesn't even normally like french toast). I am celiac and cannot have anything with gluten so the server suggested three dishes for me that would be safe and I went with the ricotta pancakes and sugar bacon. I loved both!! The pancakes looked small but were very filling and were the best I've ever had (and we make awesome gluten free pancakes at home). I would give my breakfast a 10/10 as well.

Tip: This place is VERY busy on the weekends, so if you think you want to give it a try, call a few days before hand and make a reservation.

We will definitely be returning to try out more of their tasty dishes!

1 Thank littlemissceliac
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC BRUNCH & LUNCH”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Prohibition ( formerly Vino ) is the place in Montreal to have Brunch on the week-ends and lunch during the week. The chef is very creative and the staff is friendly. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent lunch!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was told this new restaurant is only open for breakfast/brunch & lunch and that the food is awesome, but on weekends service can be slow. It is not a very large place and is easily missed as it is in the basement.
I went there with a friend for lunch during the week and the service was fast and the food was really great. I had the huevos rancheros, which were on thin tortillas - not too spicy, just right. My friend had the salad, dressing was delicious. We shared a scone afterwards which was home-made & also good.
I would definitely go back - but will avoid the weekend crowd.

• Visited November 2012