“A good option for fast food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,036 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Windsor, Canada
“A good option for fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was passing by Cote des Neiges and needed to grab a fast bite, and a friend recommended Kabab for me. The place appeared like a fast food restaurant, and was worried a bit about the quality at the beginning. I was nicely treated by the staff, and one of them was honest enough to recommend for me a type of shawarma more than the other (I was impressed). The food was nice and the price was really low. I paid only 10 dollars to a plate of meat shawarma with salad, rice, houmos, potatoes and pickles. I was also happy with the quality of the food. It might not be the place to go if you are looking for planned dinner. It is more of the casual quick type of restaurants, but I would rank it high in that category.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

London
“Plates Piled High!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

After exploring the St. Joseph's Oratory my husband and I were ready for lunch. We checked out the variety of restaurants on les Cotes des Neiges (lots of options) and settled on Kabab, a Lebanese fast food option. We were greeted with friendliness upon arrival and the serving staff behind the counter continued to chat in French with us until we explained we were from the US and then he quickly switched into English and continued to chatter away with my husband about all sorts of topics. We both ordered shwarma and our plates were piled high with a fresh salad, cole slaw, spicy meat, rice, and bread. Come very hungry or take a to-go container and save some for later. Finding out we were from California opened up another whole dialog with other staff. Extremely welcoming, very fast service and very generous portions. Photos of the food options help make decisions easier for anyone unfamiliar with Lebanese or Middle Eastern food or who don't speak French. Prices are modest. Lovely view of St. Joseph's Oratory from the front of the interior or from the outdoor patio seating.

• Visited October 2012