“Irish sessions on Wednesday night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fiddler's Green
Ranked #3,180 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Bar, Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
montreal
“Irish sessions on Wednesday night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you're fortunate enough to be at Fiddler's Green on Bishop Street in Montreal on a Wednesday night you'll be treated to a host of Montreal celtic musicians providing what is known as Irish sessions. The musicians have grown in number to around 20-25 so the music is quite vibrant. If you're sitting at the bar having a glass of Harp you'll feel like you've landed in one of Dublin's pubs. It's simply amazing.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank gerry g

Montreal, Canada
“Good food, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

The bacon cheeseburger is excellent. Served with a wonderful salad and fries. Our server Mr. Simon LaFleur was very welcoming and helpful, we enjoyed some brief conversation concerning the Calgary-Montreal game.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
“I can't believe this is Pub food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

the name of the place confused me. (Fiddlers Green???) but my friends told me about it so I went to check it out. Food was incredible, I had a grilled cod that melted in my mouth with a great salad. My friend had a delicious hamburger served with amazing fries and we shared a salmon tartar. Despite the weird name I could not have been happier with my meal.

I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Wish I had never gone there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My daughter and I travelled to Montreal for competition and we looked up restaurants to visit while we were there on Trip Adviser. Well lets just say this Pub should not have made the list at all. We went on a Sunday around 5pm and it wasn't busy at all, so I thought this would be good,we won't have to wait long for our food. We sat down and waited for the waitress to come, we ordered drinks and 15 minutes later ordered appetizer and their famous Fish and Chips. The appetizer came with a side salad but no cutlery, the waitress didn't come back to us until the dinner was ready, when she brought that I asked her for cutlery and vinegar and she said ok I'll get those for you. The appetizer and dinner came out luke warm. We ate our food with our fingers, almost finishing before the waitress came back and told me I should've asked her for the cutlery and I just looked at her and said I did!
Cold food and terrible service!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Highlandmum99
Montreal, Canada
“One of the worst bars in town”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I can't believe that anyone would like this bar. The beer selection was horrible, the whisky was ridiculously overpriced - almost twice what you'd pay down the street, the noise level from the "band" (two guys in their mid 50s) was unbearable and there was a literal pile of garbage in the bar. There was also a strong, unpleasant, smell of fish.

I won't be back.