“Impeccable!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed April 21, 2014

So this place really knows how to do updated Quebecois comfort food. We started with the pulled pork poutine which was perfect...not too salty and really hot and fresh. It was served in a stainless steel bowl which is ingenious because it keeps the poutine hot and melts the cheese. We followed with the vegetable pate chinois which was hot, delicious, very well seasoned and topped with perfect mashed potatoes. I grew up on traditional pate chinois and I found this one to be a healthy and quality update on a classic. My husband ordered the macaroni fromage made with several cheeses; again, an elegant update on a traditional staple. We shared the pudding chomeur for desert and it was outstanding. This little restaurant is small and clean and, although the décor is not memorable, the food and service certainly are. We dined at several other nice restaurants while in Montreal but I feel compelled to share my positive impressions of this particular quiet little gem because of the quality and value that we enjoyed. Merci!

1  Thank Diane B

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This quaint, tiny restaurant in the Latin Quarter was a gem of a find. It was warm and welcoming and relaxing the minute we entered. Prices are not going to break the bank of the visitor. The house red wine was tasty. The pulled pork sandwich and poutine were delicious! Service was very good. Will definitely go back again to try some other menu items and specials. We really liked the simplicity of the menu. It is definitely a comfort food type of restaurant and was a perfect place to fuel the body furnace on a chilly day.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This was the first resturant we ate at to kick off our week in Montreal. My boyfriend had the mac and cheese and I had a classic poutine. The food was very tasty however the reaturant was very tiny and there isnt much room to hang your coat. We would definitly return!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've been here twice and what I really like about this place is that it's cozy, unpretentious, good food, fast service and good price. You really do get a lot for your money's worth. Try the Pulled Pork Pâté Chinois au or the Poutine with extra cheese in the bottom! *dies*

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nice concept and the food is very tasty. The Deluxe sandwich was so delicious. The service was fast. I definitely will go back to try their poutine and pate chinois.