“indeed good egg benedict”
Review of Le Vieux Velo

Le Vieux Velo
Ranked #495 of 5,947 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice cosy brunch place. crowded on sunday morning even at 10:00, about a 10 mns wait but totally worth it. Very nice and pleasant waitresses. Great eggs, lack of fruits and veggies to go with the egg, adequate portions, incredibly tasty latte. Will go again for sure.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wish I had taken a closer look at this place sooner. It was right around the corner from where we were staying. We had ventured into Mile End a few times to find a good breakfast, but Le Vieux Vélo was actually better than the restaurants we found there in terms of food quality and atmosphere. The food is simple and very good. The vibe is relaxed and unpretentious. Le Vieux Vélo gets extra points for offering fruit when we didn't want bread/toast with our breakfast, and even more points for having the fruit freshly cut.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Le Vieux Velo is a totally unpretentious yet hip café that serves the best eggs benedict or florentine that I've had in Montréal. Prices are low, coffee excellent, service usually right on, the vibe young. My partner had the french toast smothered in fruit and granola with real maple syrup and loved that too. It's in a kind of out of the way place for tourists, just off St-Laurent on Beaubien at the south end of Little Italy, and that probably protects its authentic neighbourhood feel. A treasure for those like me who'll go a long way for a great breakfast.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

While we had to wait for quite a while to get a table (we were a party of 6, and this place is pretty teeny), it was well worth it. I ordered a standard breakfast with sausage, and was expecting it to be, well, standard, but it surpassed my expectations. The bread was "real", not from a supermarket sliced loaf, my eggs were perfectly cooked, the potatos were delicious, and the sausage was exceptional. It's not the frozen stuff. The waitress said they get it fresh from a local butcher. It came out to about $9. My friends' benedicts looked absolutely amazing as well.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went for a late brunch on a Saturday. The place is nice and very welcoming. Simple good food. Will come again.