“Overlooked and tasteless”

Cabin M
Ranked #3,907 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The menu looked good but the food was bland and overcooked (I had the tandoori shrimp and could barely finish it). Getting a sandwich somewhere else would have been better.

1  Thank Uergevich

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Considering the often limited restaurant choices in airports, we were very happy to spend a pleasant hour there. Nice wine, beer on tap, varied menu choices. Thank God for cabine M! Otherwise we would have been stuck eating bad $15 pizza or stale prep repaired sushi while waiting for our flight.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Review of Cabin M.

i don't usually take the time to write reviews on restaurants but after my first experience at this joint i felt the need to say something. a few words that come to mind describing this place would be "a joke". with that being said, let me explain why..

Service : the waitress did mention that her partner called in sick today (not my problem) but needs to be mentionned. Waitress was nice, takes our order, we order coffee and some breakfest. i lost track of time waiting and it was too the point where my wife said "5 more minutes are were gone". luckly, the food arrived within that 5 minutes (took about 30 minutes). ironically, we were still waiting for our coffee at this point.. yes yes, food before coffee.

the food itself: The eggs were dry (probably something out of a milk carton), the saussage was good, potatos not too bad but portions were very small for the price. my wife ordered some form of baguett with eggs, salad and proccioto on top of it. first thing we notice is that the proccioto is actually bacon. we bring this to the waitress's attention and her reply is "your not the first to mention this to me"......

so what's good about this place ?? well, the view is pretty cool and the place does have potential however if the cook can't even get breakfest right i don't even whan to think about how his lunch is gonn be. ohh yeah, the napkins are very think and probably the real highlight of this place... LOL.

get your act together if your gonna charge 35$'s for a small 2 person breakfest because at this rate, your place won't make it to winter...

2  Thank Vincenzo T
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Flight delayed so plenty of time at hand I thought i get a real dinner. This place looked nicer than the average airport bar and had the prices to let you expect to get something a class up. Travelling on my own I asked for and got a window seat overlooking the typical gate activity. So far so good, and here is where service should have come in. The place wasn't overly busy and I had a waiter telling me he'd be there shortly. 20 Minutes to isn't 'shortly', definitely not in an airport restaurant. It took a further 15 min for the beer to arrive, and a total of 35 for the Parmesan Veal Burger to show alongside the glass of water I ordered together with the beer and food. The second time I asked for the bill the waiter responded "You did ask me for the bill before, didn't you?" Needless to say there was no tip deserved here.
That said, I would go back to Cabin M for the food though. While not amazing, it is well portioned and tasty. The backed parmesan crisp was to hard to cut through and too soft to break. Not sure which one it was supposed to be. The prices are a bit high, but then, you are at the airport.

1  Thank peetg
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Service most unpleasant and price too expensive for the quality of food
I would not recommend this restaurant

9  Thank Domino1707